PDA

View Full Version : my 1st yoga class

littlemiss_sunshine
10-10-07, 20:55
tell u what guys, today i went to my 1st yoga class and twas brill. my dr suggested it and luckily there were two different classes going on just a couple of streets away.obviuosly quite shy to go at first cos ive not been going to any public place on my own since my other attack
anyway- straight after the class- these are the results
i had these really bad palpitations before and now (touch wood) i dont feel them anymore woohoo!!
my respiratory rate is lower
i feel different- not as depressed as i was before
i've got less tension pain than i did before

obvoiusly this is first class and i dont feel 100% but i think yoga maybe a winner for me.
anyone else got any success stories with yoga?
:)

Nibbles
10-10-07, 21:39
That's brilliant, well done you. :yesyes: It's great to hear how much the yoga is helping you.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Take care,

Mike :)

manmoor
11-10-07, 09:29
Well done with the yoga classes. I've never tried yoga myself but have a friend that swears by it. xxx

den42
11-10-07, 14:53
theres tai chi classes by me and i would love to go only trouble is no-one to go with :weep: but my sister also swears by yoga and exercise, she says it helps her when she gets anxious so carry on with the yoga
take care
denise

Lindalou64
11-10-07, 15:39
Yoga Is Very Good Physically And Mentally... Good Job....i Tried But Have Severe Back Probs So I Cant Make The Moves In Class I Even Bought A Beginners Dvd Back Couldnt Handle It But Yes Yoga Is Exellent!!!!!!!!! Best To Ya..........linda

nomorepanic
11-10-07, 20:02
Well done and great news :yesyes: :yesyes:

Yoga is fantastic for anxiety etc so stick at it

honeybee3939
11-10-07, 21:24
:yesyes: :yesyes: Great news !:yesyes: :yesyes:

So pleased to hear you have found something that is helping :yesyes:

You keep up the good work:yesyes:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

groovygranny
11-10-07, 22:08
Hello Sunshine!!

Great to hear of your success !!

Belly dancing does it for me, although we do some 'yoga like' excercises for warming up and cooling down. And yes, it certainly helps the tension and stress to a great degree.

Well Done You !!

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w76/jillster30/Smiles/Smile-grouphug-animated.gif

:flowers:

Southern_Belle
11-10-07, 22:46
I'm so glad yoga is relieving your anxiety. Do you have to be able to hold up your own body weight in yoga, because I have bad shoulders so I have always been worried about that?

Hugs,

Laura

littlemiss_sunshine
12-10-07, 16:25
thankyou all x
i'm learning now that if darkness surrounds u and u cant see the light at the end of the tunnel- get up off ur backside and light a torch urself!
anyway, i think yoga is working for me different ways, socially, mentally, physically, emotionally. nobodys looking at u when ur doing the moves! and the teacher was very helpful and made sure i understood the moves and since i also have joint problems (not severe though) she gave me simple moves the would help me with flexibility. so i'm guessing theres any type of move suitable for anyone? after all the waiting and worrying i am so relieved to find something that is actually working!
take care x
:)

Victoria83
15-10-07, 16:06
Hi little miss sunshine and everyone!
I'm currently studying to be a yoga teacher, i've been practising yoga for years and its always been something i can rely on to make me feel better! Everything you say about yoga little miss sunshine is true!! It really is for everybody there is always variations and alternate postures or positions that you can do if you have any physical body issues, if you have a really good teacher they can even give you postures that will help your specific needs! In Yoga you work at your own pace! Well done you for going out and joining a class! Keep it up little miss and if anyones got any questions about yoga please feel free to ask me! xxx
p.s For panic sufferers sometimes some of the breathing techniques in yoga can make you feel worse but is ok not to do them or start doing them gradually!I often dont do some of the exercises depending on how i feel! I am going to post an article on breathing for panic sufferers on forum soon, it was in a recent yoga magazine xxx