PDA

View Full Version : The ‘rules’

MrLurcher
27-03-20, 21:00
Can someone clarify what are the ‘rules’ are regarding going out in this lockdown?

I went to pick up shopping a few days ago, before my daughters showed signs of a cold, and I saw 4/5 families walking about. By families, I mean 2 adults 2+ children. I was under the impression that you were only allowed out in groups of 2?

Also, what is the guidance on dog walking? I live on an estate, so getting a bit twitchy walking my dog out now. Obviously cant go anywhere right now cos of the girls’ symptoms, but Id much prefer to drive out to a quiet country lane and take the dog for a walk there. Or even some ex forestries which are hardly used.

Gary A
27-03-20, 21:11
Do not go out with anyone other than your immediate family that live in your home and stay at least 2 metres from anyone else at any given time. Limit the amount you leave the house to absolute essentials.

The idea is to stop house to house transmission so just follow that.

MyNameIsTerry
27-03-20, 21:54
People who live together can go out in greater numbers than 2. But they still would prefer as least people as possible to shorten the odds one of you may catch it. I suspect they meant this to cover families.

We have seen young children shopping with parents but it might be because they have no option if the other half is a key worker and the hours don't allow for shopping.

As for exercise there has been some updated advice on that today. See the BBC article. They want us to stay local rather than drive someone first.