PDA

View Full Version : Possible contact with someone with the virus

Sunflower318
27-03-20, 20:06
This might be a far stretch, but I saw on the news that the place my neighbor works has a case and they are sending the workers home. We saw him for a few minutes about a week ago and we were within a few feet of him for a few minutes. I'm nervous that he could have given it to us

Gary A
27-03-20, 20:16
This might be a far stretch, but I saw on the news that the place my neighbor works has a case and they are sending the workers home. We saw him for a few minutes about a week ago and we were within a few feet of him for a few minutes. I'm nervous that he could have given it to us

That’s a stretch to be honest. Just do what we’re all doing, look out for symptoms and follow local authorities instructions on social distancing and staying indoors. There’s really nothing else for it.

WiseMonkey
27-03-20, 20:45
We're all in the same boat no matter which country we live in. Last Friday week, I was teaching in a class with 32 children, how do I know if any of them were carrying virus? Although this is unlikely (considering the rules around sick kids at school), only time will tell. My fiance & band also played a gig last Friday week (before NZ's lockdown) so the same applies to him. Try not too worry too much :)

Carys
27-03-20, 21:34
.....so it wasn't your neighbour what had CV, but someone at his work and you stood a few feet away from him a week ago.....the chances of him having it are low, and you getting it from this brief and 'distant' interaction are low and then not showing symptoms yourself after a week is a good sign. So, all in all, it is a stretch....a big one. I know, our minds are conditioned at the moment to fear all interactions with people and analyse them, its hard work mentally isn't it. I tell you what- I know someone who was stood touching shoulder to shoulder, for 10 minutes, someone who had a mild fever at the time of their physical contact and coughed a fair bit right up close to them ! Later the coughing person was diagnosed by test as having CV. The person I know who stood touching them, now 12 days later, didn't contract it from this direct contact situation (they say that 11.5 days is the longest the incubation period can be and the average time of showing symptoms is 5 days). So, not everyone does get it even if in direct contact. All we can do now is to follow health advice, and there is nothing we can do about past incidents.

Sunflower318
28-03-20, 02:24
It's just so hard. They tell us to support our local small business restaurants but thata puttingslot of trust in them that our food will be safe. I'd love to order burgers and fries from our fav place but idk if I can trust it.

Panicattacka
28-03-20, 02:40
It's just so hard. They tell us to support our local small business restaurants but thata puttingslot of trust in them that our food will be safe. I'd love to order burgers and fries from our fav place but idk if I can trust it.

Please support small businesses if you possibly can. The economic fallout from all this is going to kill and harm more people than the virus itself.