PDA

View Full Version : Any other care workers ?

LouiseAndy
27-03-20, 21:25
I'm a care worker and have been for the last four years. I love my job but this last month has been hell. It's been so stressful and I'm suffering daily from headaches with the stress of it all! My health anixety is in full swing but I'm pushing through it to get my job done. I have alot of people I care for as part of my job, they count on me. I'll do everything I can for them, the safest way possible. They also have alot of underlying health issues, I worry for them daily.

I find it hard, for some of them we are the only people they have to talk to. We have to keep the distance to keep them safe but it's so heartbreaking to know how alone they are. It's times like this you want to be closer to people but we have to keep apart to keep safe.

My parents are also older with issues, my sister is pregnant and my boyfriend also workers on the front line.

Sorry if this is a ramble or pointless. I'm just really on edge and was wondering if anyone here feels the same and how do they cope x

(I reposted this as I posted it in the wrong place and forgot how to move a thread oops, sorry admin minds a bit melted )

vicky23
28-03-20, 16:46
Hi,
I'm not a health care worker but I work in a food shop so I'm classed as a key worker. The last couple of days at work I've felt really vulnerable because while the shop is doing it's best to protect us, some people aren't following the guidelines. I am feeling raised anxiety (who isn't??) but I'm managing it by following the advice (handwashing regularly and avoiding contact with people as much as possible) then leaving the rest to God basically, accepting the risk but trying not to catastrophise. Please don't be sorry, posting a ramble is one of the most healthy things to do to help cope in my opinion! I've been journalling my thoughts, maybe something that might help you?
Best wishes
X