PDA

View Full Version : So proud

kate
29-01-05, 11:18
Hi everyone,

I don't ever seem to post anything positive here so I thought I would, for a change! :D

My son is 15 and in year 11 at school. He has just completed his mock GCSE's which he did very well in.

Last week he came home from school with a letter telling us that he had been invited to spend a week during the summer at a university of his choice in the Midlands. All meals transport etc is being paid for and he will live in from Sunday to Friday.

There is only him and 1 other girl from his class that have been selected and I am SO PROUD!! :D[^]:)

Hope nobody minds my bit of self indulgence, it just makes a nice change to have something to be happy about!![8)]

Love Kate xx

lainey
29-01-05, 11:21
Oh Kate

I am so happy for you, it's so nice to hear positive things about teenagers. You have every right in the world to self-indulge and be happy.

Good luck to him for his future education

Take care

Elaine x

jude
29-01-05, 11:36
Hi Kate
Thats fantastic news. Wot an excellent job u have done as a mum! Its so easy for teenagers to stray off the rails nowadays. You must be so proud to know you have taught him to be confident enough to be able to gain such good results in exams. As a mum of four,two being teenagers at the moment,I know how wonderful it is to look at your child at this age and think 'I did that'!
Enjoy your moment girl!:)
Jude

seh1980
29-01-05, 12:01
[Wow!] Kate. that's great news!! You have every right to be over the moon!!

Sarah :D

nomorepanic
29-01-05, 12:12
Great news Kate [8D]

Bet you are well chuffed and he will have a great time away.

Don't even think about worrying about him either will you [:P]

Bet that has made your weekend and thanks for telling us.
xx

Nicola

FAN
29-01-05, 14:46
thats great my son did the same last year at durham he had a great time and i think the break did him good as well as forcing him out of his shell (hes not a very good mixer) hope he has a great time

fan x

jill
29-01-05, 16:12
Hi Kate

Thats good news.
But remember Kate you helped him get there.
You both have done soooo well[^]:D

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

trac67
29-01-05, 19:40
Hi Kate
Well done to your son and you, i have three girls one who is 17 and when she got her GCSE exams results i was so proud of her and you think to your self that even though we suffer from anxiety and panics we can still manage to support our children and be there for them.
Be proud of yourself as well as your son hun.
Trace :D:D

kate
29-01-05, 21:00
Thanks everyone for your lovely words!

Nic, as if I'll worry about him!!![:O][:I];)

Kate x

Rennie1989
29-01-05, 22:32
CONGRATS!!!!!!

what a privilige

Scooter Girl AKA Jade