PDA

View Full Version : Struggling in lockdown?

nianxiousguy
30-03-20, 08:55
I had been doing really well, my anxiety had gone completely for over a month, I was pretty sure I was on the mend. Then last week my work closed down due to this virus, for the first day or two everything was fine, but gradually as the days progress I have been getting worse. I try to have a routine, I get up at same time, go to bed same time, I get out and exercise but it feels like I am just going through the motions with nothing to look forward to. I miss the routine of work, getting out and talking to colleagues, I just feel trapped I guess with no escape in sight, cabin fever I guess you'd call it. My anxiety is again reappearing. Lack of freedom is hard. I think its just being at home most of the time with nothing really to do is the difficult part. I have already done all the jobs that needed doing, Netflix and TV is a no go as when I am anxious I can't concentrate. The only thing that really shifts me is getting engrossed in my work.

Anyone else struggling?

venusbluejeans
30-03-20, 13:43
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Emmz

ErinKC
30-03-20, 15:49
I am really struggling, too. I am a freelance writer and a law student. I have a 5 year old who was in kindergarten until March 11 when the schools shut down. My husband has also been working from home since March 13. I haven't gone beyond a walk around my block for 19 days now and I'm really losing it.

Even though I've always worked "from home," I almost never worked AT home. I am having and absolutely awful time trying to focus on anything. I have to do work, school work, go to remote classes two evenings a week, and teach my daughter. My husband is also having a horrible time focusing on his work, so we both end up so stressed by the end of the day/week and everyone is always yelling.

Also, I'm just feeling sad. I'm an extrovert and I miss people terribly. Law school was the first thing I'd done for myself in 5 years since my daughter was born and I quit my job to be a stay at home mom. It was SO incredibly energizing and enlivening. It completely eliminated my anxiety. Now, I'm back stuck in my house 24 hours a day, which is the worst thing for my mental health. I feel like I'm doing a bad job at every aspect of my life right now - work, school, and parenting. We are trying so hard to create a schedule that works for everyone, but it's just not happening.

Plus, I have huge, symptomatic fibroids that cause me pain almost every day. I have a hysterectomy scheduled for May 13, that probably won't be happening now. So, on top of everything I am worried about how much more the fibroids will grow between now and when I finally have surgery, if something bad will happen with them before that/during this (9 years ago I had emergency surgery because of them), etc... It took me years to work up the nerve to schedule the surgery and now this. It's a lot. It's too much.

To make a long story short: You aren't alone. I think we're all struggling in our own ways with this. It's unprecedented.