PDA

View Full Version : Coronavirus and returning home

SarahNah
30-03-20, 21:10
How's everyone holding up x

As some may know, I moved to Germany from Ireland awhile ago. Due to the outbreak, it was suggested to me about three weeks ago I return to Ireland by my work. So I did return, my boyfriend stayed on in Germany (he's from the Netherlands). My parents are on the older side and both have health issues, as my brothers in the house he thought it wouldn't be wise for us both to go to Ireland together and he had his own reasons for not going to the Netherlands. It been hard, very hard to be apart but I know others have it alot worse.

I've been doing okay, lucky I have had any epsoide or breakdown since returning (alot of members know what this means, I have quite badly with Psychosis and have had a number of nervous breakdown.) Hoping it stays that way, I'm taking my meds and still doing therapy session online. I'm also currently able to work from home, so have a good enough daily routine. We also live in the countryside with the next house being three miles away from us. So lots of peaceful outdoor space. I also got myself a switch as a lil gift to myself during this time

I've had a few phycial issues, tension headaches , runny nose and a strange tickle feeling in my thoart. It makes me feel slightly on edge but I'm doing okay I think! I only cough when I think about coughing. Good ole case of cause and effect. My parents seem to be in good health, which I'm constantly thinking about as my dad especially can have a bit of a "I'll do what I want"thought process.

As I sat writing this, my boyfriend contacted me to tell me he now has quite a bad cough and other issues. He works as a key worker and comes into contact with people alot. They said they won't test him without a high temp or his breathing gets blocked. So feeling very on edge right now.

Sending love and hugs to all my friends on here who are struggling :hugs:

pulisa
31-03-20, 20:34
Of course you will be feeling on edge, Sarah..and you must be very anxious about your boyfriend. You must keep yourself as well as possible mentally but it's very hard to look after yourself when things seem just so out of control and you've been uprooted from life as it was.

I hope you are managing to keep in regular touch with your boyfriend? How is he today? xx