PDA

View Full Version : My day

Bill
11-10-07, 03:06
My mother asked me if I'd take her shopping today in a city I hadn't visited for a long while. I was anxious about the thought last night and when I woke I was feeling anxious, sweaty palms etc.

I was very tired and I felt I couldn't manage it but if I told my mother I couldn't I knew I'd feel bad about letting her down and I'd feel bad about myself letting anxiety and tiredness get the better of me.

I had to have breakfast knowing my mother would ask so I also thought perhaps I should take an immodium but again I thought no because if I did I'd feel I'd always need to take one so I resisted.

When I got to her place I was hoping to use her loo but she was at the door ready to go! I let her talk in the car whist I tried to stop thinking about how I felt.

By the time we got to the shops I needed the loo but only a tinkle. I knew I shouldn't have had that cuppa!

I was still feeling anxious for about an hour but I concentrated on making sure she was ok and what I needed to do myself. After talking to a counter assistant I suddenly found my anxious feelings had gone and I relaxed. I started to enjoy myself.

I took her for a nice drive afterwards and by the time I took her home I wasn't even worried about getting home myself. We'd been out all day and I was pleased with myself for getting through it.

I just felt sad leaving her knowing she would be on her own again until next time but I do what I can for her and it helps me too.

I used to suffer bad panics in shops but I think I'm doing ok. :shrug:

Believe
11-10-07, 14:49
Hi Bill,

What A Great Job. I know that you are so proud of yourself. That took alot of gutts. I am the same way, once I get there I am fine, it's just the getting there.

Keep up the good work Bill.:shades: :yesyes:

Take Care
Believe

I Believe In Time We All Will Get Better

samc100
11-10-07, 14:52
Hey !! Brilliant - that is good going...

lesleyB
11-10-07, 16:36
well done Bill, I sometimes think I can't go to work, but once I'm there it's ok. Keep going!

Panic1971
11-10-07, 17:06
Well done - you should be really proud of yourself.:yesyes:

Hope you have plenty more of them:hugs:

knightbabe
11-10-07, 18:11
Well done Bill - you should be very pleased with yourself.

honeybee3939
11-10-07, 21:43
Hi Bill

You did just fab hun:yesyes: , even though you felt rotten before you left you carried on and your day got better !! You certainly showed the anxiety whos the boss today !!:yesyes: WELL DONE !! you keep up the good work:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Bill
12-10-07, 00:23
Thank you for all your compliments! :hugs:

They say that having a dog can help because it has to be taken for walks even if you don't feel up to it! I'm not comparing my mother to a dog :D I wouldn't dare!!! but I just feel I can't let her down which gives me incentive not to give in. We all need an incentive. :shrug:

It is true to say though that often it's the thought that's often worse than the actual doing. :winks:

TracyL
12-10-07, 02:00
Hi Bill

Well done :yesyes: you should be very proud of yourself.

Tracy