PDA

View Full Version : Hot legs? A strange symptom of CV or a red herring?

DL45
02-04-20, 17:21
Afternoon

I have HA, and visit and read the board regularly, post infrequently because I think it adds to my anxiety. But I am posting today because I am worried about symptoms and really struggling to convince myself I am not dying. I'm overweight, I don't know if I have any underlying conditions because because of my HA I rarely go the GP and just worry instead!

But I have had a throat clearing type of cough for years now - I think just a little having given up smoking 18yrs ago type of coughcertainly had it before CV came along, so haven't worried about it. About 10 days ago got warmth in my throat, not sore just warmth - again I have had this before and when I spoke to my GP early March (not relating to CV but to my post elsewhere) he said it was probably an anxiety type of response. So over the last week or so I have had headaches, earaches, drippy nose now and then, burning face, warm throat and top part of chest, my cough. Many of which I have had before. Did 7 day isolation as per 111, but never thought it was CV.
Fast forward - last day or 2, the cough has become more chesty, rattly. Got a sudden pain down the left side of my neck, which has remained almost as a bruised feeling which I think could be a swollen lymph node - the right side feels OK. Today I woke at 5am with a really horrible sense of needing the loo, queasy belly, really really dry mouth (only had eggs on toast for tea). The sense of heat to upper chest and throat had ramped up - not red to look at, not razor blades but I feel like I am radiating heat! When I got up I brought up green phlegm, bit raspy, still got drippy nose now and then. Spoke to GP who has given me Antibiotcs and prednisolone as probable chest infection, wasn't concerned otherwise about isolation etc. Have been in bed most of the day just feeling meh, but have had really hot burning legs, I could feel the heat coming off them through the duvet. No temperature.

I don't know if I've had a mild dose, I've got it now, I've never had it so far. I am meticulous about washing hands and disinfecting everything, even the post gets disinfected before it gets opened! Nothing is sacred. But I am terrified of hubbie bringing it in - I keep nagging him about washing his hands but he just isn't as meticulous as I am. I have a horrid feeling that I am going to die, that I will be a statistic. I hugged my friend 13 days ago - only to find out later her husband was in bed with a bad cough but they fall it was asthma related, it was foolish of us both - one of those instantaneous things we always do when we meet once a week. I'm terrified when I read about incubation periods, contagious periods, recovery periods. Everything seems such a long time when people can be thinking everything is OK, that they are well and not knowing they are incubating it and it may even kill them in a matter of days or weeks.

I'm off social media totally. I play scrabble through FB but don't go on facebook otherwise. I have volunteered for the NHS and been registered - just hope that I can shake this off and then go and feel that I can help out others in need. I've been reading my kindle, I've been doing some training with the dog - thats another story - and I bought some exercise DVDs suitable for my fat little unfit self. Vit C in put is good - lemon and grapefruit each morning, multi vit tab, Orange in evening.

I don't know if my symptoms are CV, chest infection or health anxiety. Is it all in my mind because that is how health anxiety works?

Wishing you all well, I know we are all in the same boat. Take good care of yourselves xx

How are you all? I know we don't really know much - the scientists don't seem to either - and I guess we are all crying out for little bright lights!!

Charlie1108
02-04-20, 17:29
I have virtually identical symptoms but I'm a complete anxious mess over this. You seem far calmer. Since Monday I've been getting hot arms, chest, stomach and legs. Presumed it was a fever but haven't got a thermometer. I've developed an achy sensation in my neck too and I'm convinced I've got corona. Have had a headache all week and a dodgy belly too. Feel free to pm me x

Lencoboy
02-04-20, 19:04
I have virtually identical symptoms but I'm a complete anxious mess over this. You seem far calmer. Since Monday I've been getting hot arms, chest, stomach and legs. Presumed it was a fever but haven't got a thermometer. I've developed an achy sensation in my neck too and I'm convinced I've got corona. Have had a headache all week and a dodgy belly too. Feel free to pm me x

That's exactly what I've had since about Monday or Tuesday, though I think it's purely coincidental and I'm not at all convinced it's anything to do with CV. What's more, I haven't had any of the foremost symptoms of CV (temperature and dry cough) since mid-late February anyway, but I am still not being complacent, of course.

I'm not sure as to whether hot legs alone are a symptom of CV, though I totally understand many people's urges to shoehorn CV into the slightest ailments they may have, even though being CV-related may very likely be wide of the mark!!

DL45
02-04-20, 19:14
Hi there, I am not calm at all lol! I am absolutely terrified. I am up north and I keep thinking another couple of weeks til we get to the stage London is at, and I may survive now only to die then!! I do have thermometer but have never been more than 36.5. Have taken sinutabs and come to bed.

I honestly think that nothing will ever be the same, and it terrifies me that people will become complacent. And money....its all going in an envelope and when the banks reopen it's going and I am only ever going to use contact less.

Take care honey, let me know how you feel tomorrow x

Lencoboy
02-04-20, 19:59
Hi there, I am not calm at all lol! I am absolutely terrified. I am up north and I keep thinking another couple of weeks til we get to the stage London is at, and I may survive now only to die then!! I do have thermometer but have never been more than 36.5. Have taken sinutabs and come to bed.

I honestly think that nothing will ever be the same, and it terrifies me that people will become complacent. And money....its all going in an envelope and when the banks reopen it's going and I am only ever going to use contact less.

Take care honey, let me know how you feel tomorrow x

Remember London is the UK's most populous area.

Charlie1108
02-04-20, 20:05
I feel the exact same. Like by the time I get really ill, it'll be at maximum capacity.

DL45
03-04-20, 10:34
Just to update on today. I feel less panicky and a little better in that I have cut all social media and even my dawn to dusk radio - LBC, TalkRadio.......I have read up this morning on Harvard Health - a much more constructive and informative site than I have found in UK, even including a list of products that will kill virus.....unfortunately I can't find something like that for us, but am sticking to my Zoflora, bleach and Dettol. So mental health feels improved today, not as dark.

After a difficult couple of days, for me I think I am coming out of the other side. I feel 10% better today than yesterday, but still feel 200% worse than I did on Monday and Tuesday. I think my symptoms started Sunday. The problem I have is that they are soooo vague, varied, I could put them down to anything, but realistically I think as somebody who doesn't often get a cold, only ever had flu in 2000 which poleaxed me totally, that this has been a mild case. But after 36hrs on and off in bed, I am up today - heading for a little doze to recharge in a moment, but at least up and about. Plenty of water, paracetamol and upping Vit C wherever I can.

And staying OFF radio, TV other than the daily briefing, and Social Media!! And keeping stringently to the guidance given.

Hope others are feeling a bit better today, sending much love xx

DL45
05-04-20, 14:55
Can I please check in with others re symptoms?

I am dizzy, feel very faint. My cough is much less, my throat and neck still very sore and feels very warm, but I am concerned about the dizziness / feeling very woozy. I have lost 6lbs since Thursday.

I think my anxiety is raising its head too - I am not able to get a deep breath, and feel the need to yawn to get a breath, which I have had plenty in the past for many years and always put down to anxiety, but of course now I am worrying that this could be related and I am going to ignore it by chalking it up to anxiety. As the day progresses I feel worse, so I literally drag myself to bed at night with a really heavy aching congested head and neck and throat, and feeling exhausted.

I'm trying really hard to focus on positive, get plenty of rest, fluids, paracetamol, sometimes sinutab, even taking a piriteeze incase it is allergy related, ignoring social media - checking twitter a bit more than I was but limiting it to whilst I have a cuppa. But I am worrying now about the peak, and that by the time we hit that I would be about 3 weeks into this (if it is this, we will never know for an age) and therefore likely to be one of the death statistics. Or that if I am not, that will we ever be free of worry of contracting the virus?

Sorry, I know it is a negative post, but I am having a really bad day and everything feels like I am getting worse and declining generally much more rapidly. I don't even feel like I can trust my husband, I'm avoiding everything, and can't stop crying.

Hope you are all having a good day x

Charlie1108
05-04-20, 20:06
All I can say is that I'm in the exact same boat. Every time I get up, I get like a rush to my head and feel I can't breath. Like I'll pass out. Did deep breathing exercise and had the same. I'm convinced there's not enough oxygen circulating in my body.