PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody please explain - post nasal drip

DL45
03-04-20, 07:46
Morning all

I have read so many times about a post nasal drip......I've looked it up to see symptoms but I wonder if anybody can actually explain what it feels like?

I am beginning to wonder if this is actually what is going on with me? The muggy headaches / neck aches / hot throat (not sore), occasional earache / clearing throat cough, drippy nose - not constantly but just say hourly drip or sniff.....

But if anybody actually has this can you tell me please what it feels like?

thank you x

Scass
03-04-20, 09:31
It feels like you need to clear your throat or there’s something at the back of it. It makes you cough but you don’t necessarily feel like you’ve got a cough - just the need to clear your throat. Your nose might feel a little blocked, you might have a mild headache.

Try steam and hot drinks.

DL45
03-04-20, 10:14
Thanks Scass, I wonder if I have had this for some time and never really given it a second thought.

Interesting you mention steam - we were just talking about saunas and I remembered how when I was a nipper Mum would stick our heads under a towel over a bowl of boiling water to inhale the steam, with Vicks in it I think. May well give that a go later!

Hope you and yours are keeping well at this very turbulent time x

Scass
03-04-20, 11:03
Yes, that steam bowl trick is great. Or just have a nice long shower.
It can last for a few weeks.

Thanks for the good wishes, same to you x

Dee62
13-04-20, 12:55
Morning all

I have read so many times about a post nasal drip......I've looked it up to see symptoms but I wonder if anybody can actually explain what it feels like?

I am beginning to wonder if this is actually what is going on with me? The muggy headaches / neck aches / hot throat (not sore), occasional earache / clearing throat cough, drippy nose - not constantly but just say hourly drip or sniff.....

But if anybody actually has this can you tell me please what it feels like?

thank you x

This sounds exactly what I have. The scratchy throat and ear pressure is awful too.