PDA

View Full Version : Hello I’m new

Jen_Longden
03-04-20, 16:55
Hello. I’ve been diagnosed with severe health anxiety (probably now GAD too) although I’m struggling to accept this. It all started with a right sided headache/sinus pressure that didn’t go away (I’m 42 with no history of anxiety before this). I’ve had CT and MRI which were clear but since then I’ve developed tingling in limbs, adrenaline surges most of night with pounding heart, palpitations, fast heart rate when just walking across room, muscle and joint pain (severe in elbows), high pitch sounds in ears, tremor, crushing fatigue and feeling very ill 24/7. I’ve lost a 1.5 stone in weight in 6 months since this started. This illness, whether it be anxiety or something else is all consuming now. My family is falling apart. I can’t take much more of this horrible feeling like I’m dying every day. I just rang I crisis centre who suggested I come here and I might find people who have been through similar and might be able to help me. Thank you 🙏🏻

venusbluejeans
03-04-20, 17:02
Hiya Jen_Longden and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and
are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and
support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

YoullNeverWalkAlone
03-04-20, 20:23
Hi Jen and welcome. I’m so sorry you are feeling anxious but I can so much relate to what your saying and the symptoms you are describing as I have all of them and more and yes you do feel like your dying everyday, but is does get better with practice, patience and time, the best thing you can do is don’t add the 2nd fear (the what if’s), when you feel anxious try and relax your body as tension only causes more symptoms, try and pay it very little attention, it may still not go fully but it will keep it a manageable level, it’s very hard to do sometimes and I have failed numerous times, but try and just carry on, do things you want to do and rest when you need to....I’m sure you will get loads of help from people on here who are going through or been through the same as you....sending you a big hug...:bighug1: