PDA

View Full Version : No hope

FrankT
03-04-20, 23:23
Honestly, I've lost all hope for things ever getting better from this. In fact, if things are just going to get worse, what's the point of doing anything? In fact, I've heard the Philippine government has orders to shoot and kill quarantine violators. If that's true, then why wouldn't the rest of the world follow suit? I gotta buy food, I don't want to be shot just for trying to survive! :weep:

nomorepanic
03-04-20, 23:34
Frank you are always overracting and scaring people.

You are not going to get shot for goodness sake.

Fishmanpa
03-04-20, 23:35
:lac: Yeah this sucks and there's nothing we can do about it. We can't control it. What we CAN control is our attitude.

"Life is 10% what happens to us, 90% of how we handle it" - Charles Swindoll

"Positive" thoughts

Gary A
03-04-20, 23:45
Honestly, I've lost all hope for things ever getting better from this. In fact, if things are just going to get worse, what's the point of doing anything? In fact, I've heard the Philippine government has orders to shoot and kill quarantine violators. If that's true, then why wouldn't the rest of the world follow suit? I gotta buy food, I don't want to be shot just for trying to survive! :weep:

Oh for goodness sake get a bloody hold of yourself. The UK has been in “lockdown” for one week. One poxy week and have a look at you. Almost daily you’re on here bleating and telling everyone how terrible it all is.

You think you’re going to get shot for going to the shops but I literally went to Tesco about an hour ago for 2 bottles of wine. No police, no helicopters, no red laser connected to a sniper. Nothing.

Stop with the amateur dramatics please.

venusbluejeans
03-04-20, 23:57

completely agree with the others who have replied... You really need to get a grip on things

Philippines and the UK are 2 completely different countries.... do you really think that the police would be allowed to shoot anyone who leaves the house?? there would be riots and uproar!

Go get some food, or don't... the choice is yours

FrankT
04-04-20, 00:02
Well, I'm sorry I spoke!

nomorepanic
04-04-20, 00:04
Well be more positive then please. We are all in this together and telling people they are going to be shot is not helpful at all.

Did you see the sticky thready in the Coronavirus forum I did today - I think it could help you.

Gary A
04-04-20, 00:12
Well, I'm sorry I spoke!

Stop acting like a hysterical child and you might be treated with a bit more respect. People are really suffering out there and here we have you constantly trying to freak people out with your absurd hand wringing.

Grow up, seriously.

FrankT
04-04-20, 00:18
Oh, like we're going to solve anything by attacking each other?! I admit it, I was being childish, can we just leave it at that?

Did you see the sticky thready in the Coronavirus forum I did today - I think it could help you.

I did glance briefly at it, I'll take a closer look as soon as I can.

ErinKC
04-04-20, 03:24

The Philippines' President Duarte is an absolute mental case. His entire platform is basically extrajudicial killings, so shooting quarantine violators is right up his ally. It's good for you, then, that you don't live in the Philippines but in a country where the government does not summarily execute its citizens.

Listen - this is a REALLY unsettling time we're living through. I get it, everyone gets it. But, try your best not to fall into these irrational holes.

MyNameIsTerry
04-04-20, 04:25
Frank,

Like Erin says you need to remember countries that commit human rights violations will just do more of it. That won't happen here because we don't live in a society like that.

If you are reading about places like that you have to remember they are already that way. Your anxiety will try to twist it into what you are feeling now but remember what we have said before about the media and it's effects on you due to your skewed thinking.

Ask yourself how could a country that can't even stop sunbathing could go to execution.

For others on here I would also point out the problem with this board is it is dominated by HAers. Remember not everyone on NMP is one of them. In Frank's case he greatly worries about social unrest, war, terrorism, etc. You won't see him posting about cancers, lumps and bumps, etc. He's on the GAD board. I suspect a great many have never come across his worries because they don't venture out of the HA areas. So perhaps a little more understanding of different forms of anxiety is worth considering rather than viewing things through the limited prism of the majority of worries on here which are HA?

AntsyVee
04-04-20, 04:38
For others on here I would also point out the problem with this board is it is dominated by HAers. Remember not everyone on NMP is one of them. In Frank's case he greatly worries about social unrest, war, terrorism, etc. You won't see him posting about cancers, lumps and bumps, etc. He's on the GAD board. I suspect a great many have never come across his worries because they don't venture out of the HA areas. So perhaps a little more understanding of different forms of anxiety is worth considering rather than viewing things through the limited prism of the majority of worries on here which are HA?

very good point. When my GAD is out of control, I’m similar to Frank. For instance, even with my GAD being pretty controlled, I was all freaked out when Trump got elected.

But Frank, you gotta try. If you give up, the GAD has won.

MyNameIsTerry
04-04-20, 04:47
very good point. When my GAD is out of control, I’m similar to Frank. For instance, even with my GAD being pretty controlled, I was all freaked out when Trump got elected.

But Frank, you gotta try. If you give up, the GAD has won.

I was the same too, Vee. HA has never been an issue for me but electoral changes, rioting, big votes, etc were a trigger.

Frank needs to stop it running away with him and work on the negative thinking. The current situation is a bad one for this and the media frenzy is crazy. He's got to stay on reputable sites, and not sensational ones either, and cut down on viewing time or he will scare himself to death.

AntsyVee
04-04-20, 06:30
Exactly.

Frank, maybe it’s time to start putting signs by the computer to remind you not to click on “click bait”

FrankT
04-04-20, 09:38
Yeah... and Gary was right, I was being childish, so... I'm going to go away for a while to sort myself out.

Lencoboy
04-04-20, 09:55

Our police force here in the UK aren't that brutal and certainly not 'trigger-happy', Frank.
We can't compare the politics of two completely different countries with completely different cultures like-for-like.

Lencoboy
04-04-20, 10:06
Our police force here in the UK aren't that brutal and certainly not 'trigger-happy', Frank.
We can't compare the politics of two completely different countries with completely different cultures like-for-like.

And whilst I find many of the policies of our current (Conservative) govt objectionable (even in 'normal' times) they are far from being brutal, heartless Nazis.
Likewise, I didn't necessarily approve of everything Labour did during their tenure in office. Swings and roundabouts, and all that.

Lencoboy
04-04-20, 10:29
Frank,

Like Erin says you need to remember countries that commit human rights violations will just do more of it. That won't happen here because we don't live in a society like that.

If you are reading about places like that you have to remember they are already that way. Your anxiety will try to twist it into what you are feeling now but remember what we have said before about the media and it's effects on you due to your skewed thinking.

Ask yourself how could a country that can't even stop sunbathing could go to execution.

You're correct Terry.

It really makes my blood boil when certain factions of our society pipe up with stuff like 'bring back hanging', 'bring back school caning', 'bring back borstals', etc.

As someone who was on the receiving end of physical and mental abuse from certain staff members at a residential school I attended back in 1986-88, and even got punished by said staff members for telling my parents about their antics and accused of lying about them (being ducked under the water in the swimming pool by the one head-case of a staff member being the most extreme example for 'grassing' on him to my parents), school CP would be the absolute worst thing to bring back IMO, which there was talk of back in September 2011, following the previous month's city riots. I agree there are a quite a few wayward youngsters who need bringing down a peg or two but not through brutal treatments. Violence begets violence.