PDA

View Full Version : Lightheaded, feel unsteady on feet. Getting anxious about even walking

yodascat
05-04-20, 07:47
Hey guys,

Have been actually ok for a while. This started mainly last Friday when I was at work. I hadn't had anything to eat and instead I loaded myself on an instant coffee. I felt sweaty, unsteady on my feet and thought I was going to pass out or die haha..

I went home from work and had a bit of a heavy head (+headache). It's a few days post-that incident now and I just felt tired and anxious and all. When walking, I get anxious I'm just going to pass out or fall over etc.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? I've never had anything like this...I've been pretty stressed with work (esp with Covid and me being in healthcare).

Thank you.

AmandaG
05-04-20, 11:07
The initial incident you describe could easily have been a combination of anxiety, result of not eating and having a big dose of caffeine. Your mind may then be going into panic mode when you feel what seems like the same sensations starting again. Personally, I find caffeine has a very strong effect on me, and unstable blood sugar caused by disrupted eating patterns exacerbates my anxiety.

yodascat
06-04-20, 03:33
Thanks for your reply.
I'm wondering if this is my mind playing tricks on me?

I feel a bit washed out. I've noticed in the past day or two even when I'm sitting, I might get this sudden strange horrible feeling that I get when I'm standing up.
The feeling is almost like derealisation when I'm walking etc.

Never really had this before...