PDA

View Full Version : Sending some love to all of you during this time!

swgrl09
05-04-20, 18:36
Hello, been a while since I have regularly posted on here due to life and becoming a mom, but wow, what a time we are all in. I am currently “sheltering in place” 24/7 with my husband and our daughter. Haven’t left the house except for groceries and walks in about two weeks. My state has been hit hard. My husband may be furloughed from work soon. I am very lucky that I already work from home so I am fine. We are just trying to take it one day at a time and be grateful we are all able to be home together. It’s hard not to panic all the time, but I am trying to just focus on what I do have power over. Staying inside, taking care of myself and my family, and pausing to try to stay grateful.

Hope everybody else is hanging in there. It may feel like this will last forever, but it won’t. Just hang onto one day at a time. :hugs:

tnt808
05-04-20, 19:32
Hi! Sheltering in place with my high risk family. Haven't left the house in almost a month. Groceries are all delivered and disinfected. My health anxiety is back like never before. But I have been trying to release the energy by exercising.
What state are you in?

swgrl09
05-04-20, 20:53
Hey there, I am in CT. We are not as bad as NYC but it’s increasing quickly. I also have been sanitizing everything after shopping and almost had a panic attack grocery shopping last week. My husband is going to do the next run ... Exercise has helped a lot. It has been tough keeping health anxiety under control for sure. My daughter’s daycare is closed though so she is home all the time and not exposed to much right now. I hope your high risk family is doing okay. Where are you located?

tnt808
06-04-20, 00:48
It's not easy for anyone right now. The US is getting hit hard. Are you able to get your groceries delivered? I'm glad to hear CT isn't as bad as NY or NJ. I am in Nevada, Las Vegas. It's surreal to see the entire Strip closed, but it's a necessary step in getting this thing under control.
I have 3 girls in the home..15,13, and 8. All homeschooled anyway, so no great change there. My 26 year old is 10 minutes away and we can't see her yet.
I'm sorry about the almost panic attack you had..it's been hard for everyone. People that don't normally suffer are now being challenged daily to keep it together. I'm trying to get better at running (silly time I know), but I have so much negative thoughts that I have to release it somehow.
I really hope we can get through this and be better for it. I will be thinking of you and your family and the rest of the collective world during this time.

swgrl09
06-04-20, 02:11
Yeah, it was just very surreal. We have Instacart as an option but grocery delivery in all forms is booked out for weeks. A lot of stores suspended the curbside pickup option. People just aren’t respecting personal space guidelines and it’s just very stressful. My husband is calmer than me so it’s his turn next.

It must be totally wild seeing teh strip closed. Is it dark? I cannot even imagine. I’ll be thinking of you and your family as well!

glassgirlw
06-04-20, 02:26
Hi all, I’m in Kansas and our cases are rising but nowhere near what you all are dealing with. We’ve been “sheltering in place” for I think this is starting the third week? Or second. I can’t keep track. My hubby and I still have to go to work but other than that we’re home. SWgrl same with our grocery delivery, weeks out. One of our stores is still doing the pickup option but it’s a week out. So we’ve just been ordering in advance and waiting the week for pickup. Some of the panic buying seems to have calmed, starting to see TP on the shelves more frequently. You guys all stay safe!

NancyW
06-04-20, 05:15
Ohio here.

swgrl09
06-04-20, 17:27
I was considering that ... I can’t even book Peapod out as they are only showing 2 weeks worth of appointments. One of our local farm stores has produce for curbside pickup so we are trying to use them. You stay safe as well!

Noivous
06-04-20, 17:57
Whoa! Swgirl a voice from the past. How are you? How is your daughter (I believe it was a girl)? Somewhere between 1 and 2 now? Anyway it's good to see you checking in. Stay safe. This storm is going to pass as all do.

pulisa
06-04-20, 18:05
Good to hear from you, Swgirl! Testing times for us all but it can't be at all easy with a little girl to entertain all day!

Stay well and safe and we will get through this and come out the other side more resilient and stronger! x

swgrl09
06-04-20, 18:34
You as well, Pulisa!! Luckily she keeps me pretty distracted during the day so even though it’s tiring, she is a good influence on us to just be present and play. I hope you and yours are also hanging in.

Carnation
06-04-20, 19:32
Sending love to you too swgirl x :hugs:

swgrl09
06-04-20, 19:39
Whoa! Swgirl a voice from the past. How are you? How is your daughter (I believe it was a girl)? Somewhere between 1 and 2 now? Anyway it's good to see you checking in. Stay safe. This storm is going to pass as all do.

lol! yeah, she is 2 years old now ... can’t believe it. Hope you are well too, Noivous! Stay safe, we will get through this.

swgrl09
06-04-20, 19:39
Sending love to you too swgirl x :hugs:

Hi Carnation, hope you are well :)

.Poppy.
06-04-20, 20:14
Hi all! I'm in KS as well and am struggling but trying to keep it together. I can work my main job from home and gave up my side hustle for a time. I'm trying to rationalize any symptoms I have and get as much rest as possible - which is kind of a double edged sword because sleeping all the time is a depression symptom for me. I'm not doing any walking in my neighborhood though because there are so many people out and about and my dog is afraid of strangers so just can't handle it - I have to drive to my parents' farm and run him in their pasture. But it's good for me to get out and get some fresh air too.