PDA

View Full Version : Something bizarre has just happened to me and I want to share it......

woofybaby
11-10-07, 18:02
Hello everyone.

I've just had a VERY bizarre and surreal experience that I wanted to share with people and (hopefully) get some comments....:huh:

I was in the jucuzzi after swimming on my way home from work. As I got in, a bloke who was already in there said to me "does that feel better?". I just sort of smiled and said "yes thanks" and closed my eyes trying to chill. After 2-3 mins he suddenly said - "You must be exhausted - all that mental struggle". I just said "pardon" and then he continued that he'd been watching me swimming and had "seen" that I must have been struggling with some kind of decision. Anyway, to cut a long story short I started replying (politely at first - but then my constant need for reassurance took over and I began to listen) and he ended up talking to me for ages about the torment that I'm in in my life and how I've got to stop being scared to find out about the real me. He went on basically implying that I need to change my life and find out whats holding me back. Consequently I'm now in a BIT (!!!) of a panic about it (I suffer from OCD which is currently spiking about my relationship) and am imagining that my life is rubbish etc etc.

The whole thing is REALLY wierd and I don't know what to make of it. Please someone help me.

samc100
11-10-07, 18:28
I should think he has been through similiar experiences and could recognise the signs and was brave or mad enough to show support and understanding???

Or he has ESP ??????

Krakers
11-10-07, 18:42
While it may seem out of the blue, as I've previously written 90% of communication is non verbal. I'm not quite sure how this bloke could tell that from watching you swim, but it does seem like you took something positive away from the experience.

Rather than get freaked about how / why this conversation happened, just look at it as a chat you had where someone voiced an opinion. No need to get panicky about it, and look back on the positives.

Thing is most people here tend to over analyse situtations. Its part of our problem - thinking too much when other non sufferers wouldn't have thought about it beyond the locker room.

Try and keep this in perspective - strange yes, worth worrying over ? No.

Krakers.

groovygranny
11-10-07, 19:52
Hello Woofybaby,

I must say I agree with Krakers.

Some people are quite sensitive to the 'signals' from others be it in body language or verbally.

I really don't think you should stress over what was just a bit of, odd but friendly, chatting between two people relaxing after work.

Maybe the points this chap made are quite near to the truth for you? If so then maybe give his suggestions some tentative consideration.

If not, then just look on it as just another conversation with a stranger and leave it at that.

Have a hug(s) from me :hugs::hugs::hugs:

:flowers:

woofybaby
11-10-07, 20:37
Thanks guys.

The more I think about it though, the more I feel that it was really inappropriate and that he was simply saying random things.

Thanks for the hug GG - I needed it!

samc100
12-10-07, 14:11
If that is the case Woofbaby - put the conversation to one side and just concentrate on you again. I agree with GGranny - it's not worth stressing over.
Swimming is great isn't it for clearing the head? I love the fact I concentrate on my breathing techniques. I always feel better after a good swim.

woofybaby
14-10-07, 09:21
Swimming is the best relaxation I've found - I would highly recommend it to anyone!

PUGLETMUM
14-10-07, 10:08
:ohmy: hi woofybaby,

iagree with the others that we do make moreof things than pplwho dont suffer anxiety, its all part and parcel of the disorder,as my husband reminds me ona regular basis.

i think it is good that youve started to feel a bit angry at this bloke because it means your not falling for his bull****!he may have been 100% genuineand caringor he may have been a chancer who just likes the sound of his own voice, everyone likes to think they have some influence!! basically atthe end of theday you will never know unless you see himagain and ask him, and even then he could lie!!! sohe isnt a part of your life and what he thinks about you is of no conseqence, he put his self into your space and you have the right to agree with him or to tell him politely where to go!!! and the same goes foranybody else who tries to do ammateur pshychiatry onyou!!!

take careand keepswimming hopefully you wont bumpinto this particual guy again, and maybe youlll have to sacrifice your dip in the jacuzzi toavioid him!!:wacko: emma

Believe
14-10-07, 11:42
Hello Woofybady,

I have to agree with GG here. I wouldn't let it up set me. I tend to be able to notice things in people that others don't. Don't think about it, just go on.

I think he was just trying to talk to you and that' it.

Believe
I Believe That We All Will Get Better In Time

jitterbug
14-10-07, 15:37
Hey wooofybaby,
I had a bizaare experience like that once. Ok there were no swiming pools involved and it was a mates ex...
Let me explain. It was my mates birthday and we were all going out. except me because I hate clubs, so I just shared a taxi with some poeple in to town so I could catch a bus home. Before I got out the taxi my friend's ex wispered something in my ear ( cant remember what he said because it was so long ago). Anyways, tt made me really panic and I felt bad at what he said, partly because I didnt understand what he meant. I told my friend and she pulled him up on it and he replied saying he didnt mean to upset me, that he meant I shouldnt hide how I feel, and I should get some help before it gets too much.:blush:
To get back to the point... I think I agree with krackers here, try not to panic at what he said , just take it as an opinion and maybe be greatful that he recognised how you felt and didn't dismiss it. Hope that makes some sense. :shrug:
Take care xxx:hugs::hugs::flowers: