PDA

View Full Version : My experience of very mild Coronavirus

Nighttime pacer
05-04-20, 21:12
Hi all,

I just wanted to tell you what happened to me with my very mild version of Coronavirus.

I don't for certain that it definitely was Coronavirus but NHS 111 told me to self isolate and I had a few of the symptoms.

It began with a slight headache over my eyes and some hoarseness.
4 days later I cooked some spicy food which tasted really bland. The next day I realised I had completely lost my sense of smell and sense of taste.

I phoned NHS 111 and they confirmed that was a symptom.
I've since read that hoarseness and headache are also symptoms.
I had no fever and no cough.

I then a few days in got very painful eyes in the middle of the night, as if some grit was in them and they were streaming for about 15 mins.
It seems this is also a symptom.
Since then they've occasionally been painful and a little watery.

I felt occasionally hot and then cold and generally exhausted.

One day early on I felt like I couldn't get completely warm and turned my heating up to 24 when the most I usually set it at is 20.

On day 11 since losing it my sense of smell and taste started to come back a little.

I'm now 13 days since the loss of sense of smell and taste started and it is much better, though not fully back.

I'm no longer hoarse, tired, hot & cold, no more headaches and my eyes are much better.

A pharmacist said after about day 8 if it hasn't gone to your lungs you're probably ok.

I feel like I'm now when and truly on the mend and because mine was such a mild case (though not proven, I'm pretty sure I've had Coronavirus) I wanted to share as so many stories are sooo scary.

I just hope this may help some of you to realise you can and often get it very mildly.

Take care all and stay safe.

Nighttime Pacer

WiseMonkey
05-04-20, 21:25
Thanks for posting this but you/we have no way of knowing for sure that yours was a case of covid19 as no testing was done. It could have just been the 'flu.
Glad you are feeling better :)

Nighttime pacer
05-04-20, 22:18
Hi Wisemonkey,
It is true I haven’t had a test but for me the really odd thing was losing all sense of smell and taste. I’ve never had that, and also I had no nasal congestion at all.
Even with a bad cold or allergies I’ve never totally lost my sense of smell.
Also, the eye thing has been widely reported too.
I’ve 2 friends who’ve had the fever and cough and also lost their sense of smell & taste.
I’m sorry if it sounds like I’m arguing as I don’t mean to.
Maybe we’ll be able to get antibody tests, maybe not. It’s a very difficult situation.

dorabella
05-04-20, 22:40
I had similar back in early February - two doses one in January and a worse dose in February. Day 1 fever and feeling a bit rough, day 2 felt like head cold, day 3 -4 dry cough, day 5 wet cough started and which lasted for over 2 weeks, day 6 lost both sense of smell and taste which has never happened before with a heavy cold - only occasionally lost sense of smell because nose blocked up but never both together. This lasted for nearly four days.

Lot of people reported similar with all sorts of weird symptoms such as you have described back in February and even in January. Of course no-one suspected it was anything other than usual winter bugs and there was no testing then. Just felt different from usual winter viruses - and I had not had the winter bug for nearly 5 years at that point.

We will never know until the government starts antibody testing but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that a lot of the population caught it really mild at a much earlier point in the year. It was know to be circulating back in December 2019.

WiseMonkey
06-04-20, 01:06
We will never know until the government starts antibody testing but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that a lot of the population caught it really mild at a much earlier point in the year. It was know to be circulating back in December 2019.

Yes this will be very interesting as they'll likely test for antibodies before giving a vaccine to covid19 (when it's produced). I've read that some people in USA experienced a 'flu like virus with pneumonia earlier in the year, which may indicate it's been circulating around the community for a while :huh:

Carnation
06-04-20, 10:00
I had something similar in January / February and a lot of people I know had a strange flu type bug, where they were ill for 3-5 days and groggy for a long time after. We've discussed whether that could have been the coronavirus.
I had the sore throat, shivery then hot, constant runny nose and zero energy and tasteless food until I made some chicken broth a few times and it helped a lot. I actually lost my voice, which was so weird as it returned to normal the following the day. And coughing what felt like all through the night. I generally cough anyway because of my sinus issues and I smoke, but this was different because it was a repetitive dry cough.
I'm sure loads of people have already had it.

WiredIncorrectly
06-04-20, 10:50
I had something similar in January / February and a lot of people I know had a strange flu type bug, where they were ill for 3-5 days and groggy for a long time after. We've discussed whether that could have been the coronavirus.
I had the sore throat, shivery then hot, constant runny nose and zero energy and tasteless food until I made some chicken broth a few times and it helped a lot. I actually lost my voice, which was so weird as it returned to normal the following the day. And coughing what felt like all through the night. I generally cough anyway because of my sinus issues and I smoke, but this was different because it was a repetitive dry cough.

Yes Carnation, me too and I posted it about it on here when I was going through it. Same with my partner and friends/family. My brother had it bad back then too. But now, his wife has it, and his 1 year old. His wife is over it, still bit of repetitive cough. She's had it 4 weeks and was bed ridden for almost 2. The 1 year old is improving daily. He doesn't have it this time.

My best guess based on symptoms, and the repetitive cough + difficult breathing, makes me think some people did have it back in Jan/Feb.

Panicattacka
06-04-20, 11:02
This raises an interesting question: if you think many people were getting this as far back as January, what were the death stats like back then? Surely someone must've died from it and just been recorded as a flu death or pneumonia case?

Carnation
06-04-20, 11:07
That is a very interesting point panicattacka.
All the people that had this virus / flu thing recovered.
Notice also the newsreader quotes 'with' not 'from' the coronavirus. I also wonder how many people have had this and not realised it. :shrug:

Noivous
06-04-20, 11:18

Carnation! Hope you are well my friend! You are so right loads of people have already had the virus. Far more than have been tested for it. Which means the mortality rate is far lower than what we're seeing.

I got sick in late January. Fever/chills/headache/slight nausea. The weird thing was I knew 4 or 5 people personally who had a very similar illness at the same time. I remember thinking... this is weird.

My wife is a medical worker on the front lines in a busy hospital where we live. Prayers are appreciated.

Hang in there gang. We'll get through this.

N.

Carnation
06-04-20, 11:43
Hi my friend Noivous :hugs:

Yes, we did too. The people I knew said it wasn't the flu, but some weird virus. :shrug:
Will certainly pray and applaud your wife Noivous.
My cousin also delivers and sets up the much needed ventilators. He's a laid back sort of person, but you still worry, don't you?
Personally, this virus has been spreading far longer than we realise, the current figures show that, but we have to remember the majority recover, some not knowing they've had it at all. x

Noivous
06-04-20, 13:23
There is a lot going on with the healthcare workers right now. Heroes and fear are not mutually exclusive. They are dealing with the mixed emotions of patient care versus their's and their families safety. Not to mention the chaos and confusion going on in the hospitals of dealing with the unknown. Also, try working a 12 hour shift covered from head to toe in PPE making the simplest of tasks extremely arduous. And of course then there is witnessing the dying going on. Tough stuff. So hats off to all the healthcare workers around the world. God bless em...especially one in particular.

N.

ankietyjoe
06-04-20, 13:40
Interesting post.

I have a feeling there's a small chance I had this a couple of weeks back, but my symptoms were extremely mild :-

1 - 3-5 days of weird, dry throat. Became hoarse for 2-3 days and my voice kept 'breaking' when I spoke. No real pain or cough.

2 - A couple of days of extreme fatigue. I spent two days on the sofa in an out of sleep dozens of times. I could not fight this, and even standing up for 5 minutes became unbearable.

3 - Sporadic migraine type pain.

4 - Very painful right eye, felt like I had some sand on top of my right eye ball.

5 - A couple of days of odd chills. I woke up at night a few times with unbearable cold shivers. No fever.

6 - Complete loss of appetite for over a week. I lost about 10lbs in that time.

These symptoms came and went (apart from the fatigue) and I've had some pretty extreme muscle tension/fatigue since. I never really noticed any loss of breathing, but then I know a lot of people don't either. My symptoms felt too mild given what some people experience, but it was a collection of symptoms that I've never experienced before all at once.

WiredIncorrectly
06-04-20, 16:25
Interesting post.

I have a feeling there's a small chance I had this a couple of weeks back, but my symptoms were extremely mild :-

1 - 3-5 days of weird, dry throat. Became hoarse for 2-3 days and my voice kept 'breaking' when I spoke. No real pain or cough.

2 - A couple of days of extreme fatigue. I spent two days on the sofa in an out of sleep dozens of times. I could not fight this, and even standing up for 5 minutes became unbearable.

3 - Sporadic migraine type pain.

4 - Very painful right eye, felt like I had some sand on top of my right eye ball.

5 - A couple of days of odd chills. I woke up at night a few times with unbearable cold shivers. No fever.

6 - Complete loss of appetite for over a week. I lost about 10lbs in that time.

These symptoms came and went (apart from the fatigue) and I've had some pretty extreme muscle tension/fatigue since. I never really noticed any loss of breathing, but then I know a lot of people don't either. My symptoms felt too mild given what some people experience, but it was a collection of symptoms that I've never experienced before all at once.

Very possible Joe. Hope you and the family are keeping well.

ankietyjoe
06-04-20, 16:47
Very possible Joe. Hope you and the family are keeping well.

You too bruv. Stay safe y'all.

Actually trying to use the time to MAKE some music here lol. Just wrapped up a video and sent it in to the client, and I've got a soundbank to do too (synthwave this time) for another client....then it's a ghost town for work......

WiredIncorrectly
06-04-20, 17:01
You too bruv. Stay safe y'all.

Actually trying to use the time to MAKE some music here lol. Just wrapped up a video and sent it in to the client, and I've got a soundbank to do too (synthwave this time) for another client....then it's a ghost town for work......

Ah, so you're making your own soundbank packs? What VST if you don't mind me asking? Interesting work. Didn't know there was a market for that. I was looking at making a rompler VST with Juce, basically a VST loaded with samples with a pretty UI (hello Nexus). I got a copy of Nexus as it goes, legit. But you can't make soundbanks unless you pay for the high end version. Something like 2k I believe.

Ps. I'm only a chav when I rapper :roflmao: .... Fam.

ankietyjoe
06-04-20, 17:25
***Apologies for the blatant thread hijack***

Ah, so you're making your own soundbank packs? What VST if you don't mind me asking? Interesting work. Didn't know there was a market for that. I was looking at making a rompler VST with Juce, basically a VST loaded with samples with a pretty UI (hello Nexus). I got a copy of Nexus as it goes, legit. But you can't make soundbanks unless you pay for the high end version. Something like 2k I believe.

Ps. I'm only a chav when I rapper :roflmao: .... Fam.

Yes, sounbanks are one of the things I do, although I tend to only do it directly for plugin devs now. Can be quite lucrative, but you need to be able to create specific sounds for specific genres on spec and within time AND provide several minutes of audio demo's too. By the time you've worked out the hourly rate, it's ok rather than retirement fund.

In terms of the plugin, I would suggest (strongly...) that something of the scope of Nexus would be a logistical and support nightmare, not to mention the sourcing of useable sampels would be a job in itself. What's probably more lucrative (there's that word again) to start with is something like Sausage Fattener. Very low support requirements and I have it on good authority that they sold over 10k copies at $40 a pop.

The key here is supplying an affordable tool that solves a problem for a largely uneducated, but keen music making audience.

And you can't get a dev version of Nexus unless invited ;)