PDA

View Full Version : Welcome back health anxiety!

.Poppy.
06-04-20, 19:45
Hi all, yet another person who is in anxiety h3ll thanks to this wonderful virus.

I am located in KS, USA and my county has 13 cases and its first case of community spread which is just great. I've been staying home - I can work my full time job at home and stopped my side hustle of delivering food completely about a month ago. I only leave my house to visit my parents who live on a farm about 20 minutes north of me - necessary because due to my dog's social anxiety issues this is really the only place I can exercise him and I'm also helping them out so they don't have to utilize outside help or go into town themselves.

Still, the last time I went shopping was March 23rd when I visited three stores: a farm store, a grocery store, and a hardware store. Then about a week ago I picked up drive thru pizza for my parents. On Saturday I picked up oil from an auto parts store for my dad. I also got gas a week ago, but used a dog bag over my hand so I didn't have to touch anything. I have been careful, washing my hands and not touching my face. The only other outside contact I have had is mail, which I put in my laundry room for days before I open it and again I wash my hands carefully afterward.

For the past couple of weeks I've had digestive issues I won't go into. I also have had some acid reflux at night. And now, of course, I have developed a cough. It feels like it's in my throat, like there is something there I need to cough up. And naturally that plays into my anxiety and makes me start to panic and feel short of breath.

I think the digestive issues are worth asking a doctor about so I've contacted my GP about a virtual appointment. But man, panicking about getting sick and tracing every step + the amount of days since I've been where and whatnot. I'm especially concerned because I have a history of getting colds that turn into bronchitis or pneumonia and getting that awful dry cough (my current cough is way different) and my parents are in their 60s so I'm worried about them as well.

How is anyone else dealing with this awful uncertainty? I'm concerned that I'm going to be constantly in panic and become a major germaphobe from this when I've never been one before.

glassgirlw
06-04-20, 20:02
Hey Poppy I’m also in KS! Although I unfortunately have to work outside the home every day, each and every symptom you’ve described is 100% the same as me, even down to digestive/bathroom issues. I’ve never run a fever though and my cough/post nasal drip thing seems to go away with the use of antihistamines so I’ve been chalking mine up to allergies and anxiety (digestive issues). I understand where you’re coming from though and it is literally hell to deal with every day. Just wanted you to know you’re not alone!

.Poppy.
06-04-20, 20:09
Hey Poppy I’m also in KS! Although I unfortunately have to work outside the home every day, each and every symptom you’ve described is 100% the same as me, even down to digestive/bathroom issues. I’ve never run a fever though and my cough/post nasal drip thing seems to go away with the use of antihistamines so I’ve been chalking mine up to allergies and anxiety (digestive issues). I understand where you’re coming from though and it is literally hell to deal with every day. Just wanted you to know you’re not alone!

Yay for Kansas! Honestly, as always it can be tricky to separate out real symptoms from anxiety symptoms and it's all the harder when everyone else is afraid of being sick too and I can't even to go the doc. I'm hoping they can set me up with an appointment and give me some guidance as the digestive stuff in particular is no fun at all. Allergies are kind of a new occurrence for me and I've never been specially sensitive to burning pastures either but of course that could be the culprit this year, who knows. I'm trying to rationalize my symptoms as best I can and get as much rest as possible.