PDA

View Full Version : Covid19 worry from an asthmatic

alcopop
08-04-20, 11:18
Hi all

I know we are all worried about this right now and I feel bad posting this....

But I just needed to vent as had a sudden panic about it when I woke at 9am. It is now 11:15am. I have a weird tickly feeling on the right side of my chest which is making me want to cough it away. I am not uncontrollably coughing but it is an unpleasant feeling.
I am mildly asthmatic and take a preventer inhaler every day - and have been doing everything to isolate apart from going to the shop for food.
I can't take my temperature as we don't have a thermometer.
I'm scared it's the coronavirus and that it will progress to full on breathing difficulties....

What do you reckon?
Thanks in advance

Neverending_story
08-04-20, 11:56
You are not alone in this worry of Covid-19 and being an asthmatic.
I have mild asthma too (diagnosed it is brought on by cat dander)

Yes, having asthma puts us at risk but not high risk - I saw the high risk catagories and severe asthma is one of them - they state if you have been hospitalised due to asthma this also puts you at high risk

You dont need a thermometer to take your temp - if your chest and back are very warm, you could possibly say you have a temp

Elen
08-04-20, 13:26
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Regards

Elen Admin