PDA

View Full Version : HELLO ALL i'M NEW HERE AND LOOKING FOR HELP

MAGICMAN
11-10-07, 20:00
I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY HELLO TO ALL I AM FROM USA AND SUFFER FROM PANIC ATTACKS SINCE THE AGE OF 18 NOW 43. I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DEAL WITH MUST OF IT ON MY OWN, AND HAVE BEEN ON AND OFF DIFFERANT MEDS THOUGH THE YEARS. I DEVELOPED AGORAPHOBIA AND CAN TRAVEL IN ABOUT A 10 MILE RADIUS OF MY HOME. EVERYDAY I TRY TO MAKE IT FURTHER AND TAKE LITTLE STEPS TO OVERCOME MY LIMITATIONS. RECENTLY I HAVE HAD A RELAPS AND DEVELOPED SOME PHYSICAL PROBLEMS AND I'M NOT SURE IF IT'S PART OF MY PANIC DISORDER OR I'M HAVING A REAL MEDICAL PROBLEM. I HAVE A SYMPTOM CALLED BURNING MOUTH OR TONGUE SYNDROME
(PAST YEAR). I WENT TO SEE THE DOCTOR ENT AND HE SAID I MAY HAVE Sjögren DISEASE (TESTED NEG TO THE BLOOD TEST) BUT MY MOUTH IS ALWAYS DRY AND IN PAIN. HE HAS GIVEN ME A MED (Evoxac) TO COPE WITH THE DRY MOUTH (DOES SEEM TO HELP FOR A SHORT TIME). I AM TAKING ATIVAN ALSO FOR MY PANIC ATTACKS AS NEEDED FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS, SOMETIMES IT HELPS SOMETIMES NOT
(1MG 3 TIMES A DAY AS NEEDED IS WHAT IS PRESCRIBED, I HAVE GONE UP TO 1 1/2 MGS IF I REALLY GET BAD) THE DOTOR WANTS ME TO GET ON A (SSRI) ZOLOFT TO REPLACE THE ATIVAN AND TAPPER DOWN. BUT EVERY TIME I TAKE IT IT INCREASES MY PANIC TO A LEVEL I CAN NOT HANDLE, I GET TERRIBLE SWEATY PALMS AND FEET AND A NEED TO TAKE RIDES IN THE CAR TO KEEP MY MIND OCCUPIED FOR HOURS. I FEEL LIKE I'M AT MY WITTS END AND DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT THOUGH THE NEXT DAY, THANK GOD I HAVE A WONDERFUL WIFE WHO UNDERSTANDS ME AND HELPS IN EVERYWAY SHE CAN. I REALLY NEED TO GET MY LIFE BACK TOGETHER AND FEEL LIKE A PERSON AGAIN, IS THIER HOPE FOR ME. I AM FEELING DEPRESSED BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE I'M AT A STAND STILL IN MY LIFE AND LIFE IS JUST PASSING ME BY AND I'M GETTING SICK EVERYDAY WITH ON GOING FEAR AND PAIN. I HOPE I CAN MAKE SOME CHANGES BY GETTING ADVICE FROM OTHERS HERE AND MAYBE I'LL BE ABLE TO BE SOME HELP TO SOME ONE ELSE. THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS POST, I WILL NOT GIVE UP THE FIGHT DAVID :huh:

trac67
11-10-07, 20:12
Hi

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

groovygranny
11-10-07, 20:22
Hello David:welcome:to you!

Some AD's do take a little while to have the desired effect and, in the meantime, can make your symptoms a little worse before they get better.

But, try and stick it out and they should get a lot better.

Yes, it certainly helps to have a supportive partner too!

You'll also find plenty of help and support here - pleased to meet you!

:)

Nibbles
11-10-07, 20:55
Hi David and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. My Mum used to get burning mouth syndrome and it went away naturally by itself. It's great to hear you've got a supportive partner and yes, there is most definitely hope for you. Doing things in small steps is a really good strategy.

Take care,

Mike :)

honeybee3939
11-10-07, 21:00
Hi David

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

nomorepanic
11-10-07, 21:24
Hi David

A very warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Southern_Belle
11-10-07, 23:29
Hi David,

Welcome to the site. Many here have been where you are right now. You will find a lot of support here.

Hugs,

Laura

Believe
11-10-07, 23:30
Hi David,

Welcome abroad. Hope that you make alot of friends and get some great advice.
Take Care
Believe
I Believe That In Time We All Will Get Better

TracyL
12-10-07, 03:52
Hi David

Welcome :welcome:

I know you will get some great advice and support.

Take care
Tracy

chucklehound
12-10-07, 08:37
Hi and welcome to nmp

manmoor
12-10-07, 08:54
Hi David,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Lindalou64
12-10-07, 15:30
Hello David And Welcome To The Site Ive Also Had This Crap For 19 Yrs Im 43 Also What Got Me Better In Ways Was Just Doing It.. Knowing It Wouldnt Harm Me Even Tho We Feel Like Its Gonna..i Was Agraphobic For Yrs........just Got Fed Up With It And Did Things With The Panick And Once I Realized They Cant Really Hurt Me I Just Continued Doing Things Smalls Steps......i Do Work Now And Ect But Still Have Probs Like Driving On HighwayS Alone And Have Anxiety Attacks Here And There....i Think Its Just Accepting It For Me Anyways Helped....i Wish Ya The Best...just Keep On Trying Small Steps And You Will Get There ...........linda