PDA

View Full Version : Safety in my own garden??

fizzymoon86
10-04-20, 15:37
So I was wondering what everyone thinks about how safe we are sitting in the back garden. I don’t have the biggest garden but if I position my chair in the middle I can be 2 metres from the fences either side of me. My neighbours are on the other side of one fence and I’m conscious of the fact that I read something about the virus particles being in the air and travelling further than they originally thought and I’m now terrified that I’m going to catch it just by sitting here trying to get some fresh air in my own private garden!

Scass
10-04-20, 15:52
I think that if it wasn’t safe to sit in your own garden then you’d be advised not to. Keeping a safe distance is a good idea. Get your vitamin D and try to relax

ayesha23
10-04-20, 16:06
I think it's okay
like has been said all ready:. if it was going to be an issue, it would be advice from the government and their are plenty of people using the time to do work in the garden anyway (making it ready for the summer months), which, hopefully by then, we have less restrictions

I hope you have a nice easter weekend

ankietyjoe
10-04-20, 16:37
I think these articles are peddling highly unlikely worst case scenario's of the virus travelling that far.

It's like IF....your neighbour had it and IF they sneezed in the right direction and IF the wind was just right to quickly bring it over to your side of the garden and IF it happened to land on you and IF you happened to lick whatever part of you it landed on.

It's just not gonna happen.

fishman65
10-04-20, 19:21
Like Joe just said, lots of ifs. My foxgloves that I grow from seed, prick out, pot on then plant out are likely a much bigger threat as eating just one leaf could probably give me a heart attack. I handle these every year without a second thought.

Gary A
10-04-20, 19:52
The whole “floating in air” thing is nothing more than a scare tactic trying to get people to stay at home. Viruses transmit in enclosed spaces with poor ventilation, there is absolutely no way you will catch Covid-19 in the open air at a distance of less than 2 metres. You would literally need to be directly downwind of someone for at least 15 minutes with them pretty much coughing in your direction.

RainbowGirl
10-04-20, 20:48
Hi, I think you are safe in your garden, keep 2 metres apart and viola ..you are safe. Try to relax a bit whilst in your garden, maybe have a family bbq and keep your distance and enjoy the fresh air :hugs:

ErinKC
12-04-20, 18:20
I think you're safe. Everything I've seen says being outside in a ventilated area is safe as long as you keep your distance. I sit out on my front lawn in a townhome community and speak with passing neighbors walking along the sidewalk.