PDA

View Full Version : Claire Weekes' books

jude
29-01-05, 19:05
Hi everyone,
On recommendation from No More Panic, I bought Claire Weekes books-Self help for your nerves + essential help for your nerves. I cant believe how much sense she makes. Its all so logical and easy to understand. The method for recovery is a bit scary cos u have to face your fears, accept them and float above them. She believes that by not being afraid of your symptoms, its leads to recovery. I am going to try this method and see if it works. If anybody has the chance, I really suggest reading them. If it doesn't cure us at least it helps to understand why its happening.
Jude

seh1980
29-01-05, 20:28
Thanks for the advice Jude!! :D

lainey
29-01-05, 20:46
Already got the book, I agree with you Jude they really make sense and just reading made me feel better straight away

pips
30-01-05, 00:03
Yes I have the book as well she does indeed make great sense! A wise woman.

I hope it does help you!

Take care

Love PIP's X

tt
30-01-05, 04:21
I too bought the book after reading about it from one of the members here at this site. It has helped me greatly.
I am almost there, but still haven't quite let go. She does quote"if you still have the symptoms you have not truly accepted. I am at the well I accept but " What IF?"

Great book,
I would recommend it to everyone!
TT:)

tracyp584
15-03-05, 17:30
Hi,

I have just been looking on amazon for a Claire Weekes book and have seen that there are a few audio cassettes, and was wondering if anyone had heard one?

tracy x x

vernon
15-03-05, 20:31
hi. yes I have the books to and find they realy help. I read a little each night before going to sleep and found it a comfort. Thr Esential Help for your nerves is the latest book It was released after her death and pretty much covers all whats in her earlier books.

Tracy
The tapes I didnt realy get on with, I didnt realy like her voice and in the tapes she mainly addresses americans take care. Vernon

jude
15-03-05, 21:57
Hi Tracy,

I have just bought hope and help for your nerves ( an audio tape). I think it is excellent as it makes it feel more personal.

Sorry to disagree vernon [8)]

Jude x

vernon
16-03-05, 11:11
no problem jude we are all different. I have all her CD'S and the video. but i found with the book you can put a voice you like to it? I can only usualy get on with audio books if they have a uk accent. Take care. Vernon

turtlemoon
04-04-05, 20:57
Just wanted to say that a friend lent me this book last week - I've read most of it already and have been taking notes from it so I can refer to them at a later date if needs be. This book is absolutely fantastic though!! I know it was written in 1962, but virtually everything that Dr Weekes writes about is relevant today. This woman was way ahead of her time and thank goodness she was - I know this is one reader who's already been helped immensely by her words of advice.
Turtle [^]

Tracy68
04-04-05, 22:25
Hi
Talking of Claire Weekes cassettes i've just seen one on ebay and it says parts 1 & 2. How many parts are there exactly?
Tracy
x