PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety high today need to talk

panicstricken
11-04-20, 17:43
Hi all hope everyones ok, well my anxiety is ridiculously high today I'm noticing lots of sympts that my anxiety creates, fear doom feelings, overwhelming sense of dread, hollow feeling in my chest and head etc etc. As a lot of u know I have posted recently on here before about the fear I had covid 19. But I have been doing so so so much better I have been out mixing with my household (before this week I had been in a separate bedroom), doing loads of decorating and home improvement been in the garden with my children, had movie nights been doing so so well xxx but since about midday my anxiety has been getting gradually worse I dont know why. Lights and sounds are too loud, chest throat and head feel hollow but at the same time burns. I'm fed up. I do not want to go bk to a couple of days ago where I couldn't get out of the covid 19 fear. My usual coping strategies arent working, what do some of you guys do to help focus and not let it overtake u? xx Ive been painting with my children, had a water fight, wrote in my thought journal, stayed off all news and websites planted a veg garden and been generally having so much fun up until midday today x

tnt808
11-04-20, 18:37
I'm sorry it's hard for you today. Sounds like you got yourself out of a rut! That's awesome. You have been doing quite a bit actually. The thing is, no one HAS to be super productive, learn a new language, take an online course, plant a garden. I mean..good on you if you have..but I'm just trying to make it to bedtime some days...and guess what? That's okay too. There are no right or wrong ways to handle a pandemic. It's never happened in most of our lifetimes.
Allow yourself this little blip (because that's probably what it is).
As for me...exercising! Lots of it .all throughout the day. Trying my best to get some food in me every day. Sleep is not easy, but have a prescription coming. Hopefully that will help.
Hang in there..even if it is by a string!

panicstricken
11-04-20, 19:25
Hi tnt808,

Thankyou for taking the time to answer it really means a lot 🥰🥰 xxx sorry if I came across as being boastful that was not my intention at all 😥xxxx I have been for nearly three weeks under a huge cloud of bad anxiety and dread hiding in a room and not I interacting with my family for fear of carrying the virus to them. (My symptoms were horrific bit thankfully it was not the virus just dreaded anxiety) I am so.sorry u are struggling too I really wish that your symptoms.will.ease for you, sleep.is awful.for me too at the moment I think that's why i have tried to be so so busy this week just trying to tire myself out. I average about 2 hours a night if I'm.lucky xxxx I find the night time the worst tbh it's when the children are asleep.and that that i start to overthink. I'm sorry if i made out i was bragging i truly was not xxx hoping u can get some.peace of mind in all this too, much love 🙏

tnt808
11-04-20, 19:49
No no! You did not come across as boastful, bragging..nothing like that. And what would be wrong if you were? A good pat on your own back might do us all some good. You be proud of everything you can right now.
I truly think if I were to be able to sleep my mind would be tons clearer.
Funny thing...my biggest fear (phobia) is this. A pandemic! Never thought I would have to face my phobia every day and night for who knows how long? Not trying to make it sound horrible for me only, but can you imagine the exposure therapy I'm getting?! Unreal!

panicstricken
11-04-20, 20:01
Thankyou tnt808 it is awful isn't it xxx I am so sorry u are feeling so frightened too xxx it's so hard to see the wood for the trees at the moment. I can imagine it must be so hard for you especially as this is your worst fear 😘😘xxx I know mine was and still is my heart and anything to do with my loved ones being sick xxx I truly hope u can get some sleep hopefully this will all be over soon and we can look back and think wow we lived through that xxxx I am struggling to focus constantly swaying from I'm going to be ok to the world is going to end dont know if it's the same for u but it's so awful😥 xxx I hope you are surrounded by a family too bit if u are not and u need to.talk.u can pm me here x I cant say I'll be much use 😁 but I can provide.a.listening ear. Something my mum said to me once keeps ringing in my ears ... she said the fear of something is always worse than the actual thing itself. I am trying desperately to.cling to that and hope that this will all be over sooner than we hope. Stay safe and much love

tnt808
11-04-20, 20:33
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am sorry for the world right now. I don't take comfort knowing that we're all a little out of sorts through this. It amps me up knowing rational people are afraid of this. I admire your strength to continue to engage with your family. I'm sure it isn't always easy for you. But it shows your strength just to be able to be present.
I have my 3 girls and husband with me..my oldest daughter is 10 minutes away and we haven't seen her in over a month. I can't even talk to her without being an emotional wreck. I think I mostly feel so bad about not being able to help her because I'm struggling to help myself.
I appreciate your offer to talk..the same goes for you! I don't know what I can offer, but I will listen..
I hope you're able to have some peaceful moments throughout your day. Even if it's 5 minutes. Big hugs to you..and you're doing great!!

panicstricken
11-04-20, 20:56
Thankyou so much tnt808 I'm so sorry u havent been able to.talk to.your eldest daughter it's so.hard with this virus and lockdown xxx bit please dont ever feel bad for feeling this way xx u are an incredibly strong person too and you will get through this we all.will.xx it is hard to see the end at the moment but one day we will all be able to look back on this xxx I am always here if u need to talk and thankyou so much for taking the time to talk to me tonight u have truly helped me xxxxx I struggle to rationalise too as I am usually using the world outside to gauge my level of anxiety bit now everyone is at def con 1 instead of just me xxxx hang in there u are doing awesome xxxxx

tnt808
12-04-20, 17:33
Just checking in on you. How was your night? Were you able to sleep? How has your day been so far? It's only 9:30am here..I have bathed..made sure to go outside (my fear of virus makes it hard) to get even a little bit of sun. I've ran and stretched off and on all morning. Hate this crap, but not trying is worse!

panicstricken
12-04-20, 21:02
Hi thankyou for checking in on me xx how are you doing today? Did u manage to get any sleep, I was a little better last night managed about 4 hours xx how about you. Well done for going outside today that's awesome your amazing for doing that xxx I had a good day today my anxiety has been very high but I have distracted myself with easter fun with the girls. They are in bed now so it's a little harder tonight but I'm hoping I'll be able to sleep xxx

tnt808
13-04-20, 00:34
Good for you for distracting yourself with the girls. I know it's not easy, but doing it scared and anxious is better than not doing it. Poor you and sleep..are you able to take anything to help? Even over the counter? I'm sorry your nights are so hard.
I find that my days are so consumed with fighting the anxiety that by the time night comes I'm exhausted and my anxiety tends to calm down a bit. Sleep is still not easy..I don't know what to do with that. Eating is hard still...I'm trying to get nutrients of some kind in me..so I end up always drinking a nutritious drink. Exercise has been my thing..I end up running/walking so much but I can't not run..it's the only thing that has really helped me.
I hope you get 5 hours tonight and then 6 and so on! You continue to do your best and will be checking on you again!

tnt808
14-04-20, 18:30
Hope you're doing well..and have found some moments of peace!

panicstricken
14-04-20, 20:45
Hi tnt808 how are you doing? Xxx I hope u are finding things easier. I was feeling a lot better until I just read an article that popped up on my news feed about a couple who hadn't left the house in weekd contracting the virus. I'm so terrife9d now as we have been receiving g deliveries and mail for the entire time we have been in isolation. If it can happen to these there just really is no hope I. Sorry to pile it o you but I am so so unbelievably scared I have a daughter with multiple heart conditions and I'm really finding it hard tonight ro keep my anxiety under control I have ordered presents for her to open o her birthday and my youngest as they have birthdays close together and stuff for the house I am genuinely terrified what if it's in here long I genuinely feel like I'm gonna fall apart. I do t look for these articles havent watched the news and out of nowhere it pops up god I think I'm gonna cry xxxxx

tnt808
14-04-20, 23:35
Aw crap! I'm so sorry. My thoughts on that couple that got the virus is they maybe weren't quarantined properly? For how long have they been? Was either of them going out in the public at all? Were they grocery shopping still? Have they had any visitors?
I've strictly used our grocery delivery services. We have a no contact delivery here in Las Vegas. As soon as my groceries come..the husband does a disinfectant outside..then brings them inside for me to disinfect again. I know I'm crazy, but that's what we do in my house.
I understand your fears..I have them as well..but we're doing all that we can, right? I'm not sure what more we can be doing right now other than staying in our own homes with our own immediate family.
I'm sorry its extra scary with your little one being high risk. It can't be easy for you..but know that you are doing all the right things.

We are doing all that we can to stay safe and keep our family safe..please try to enjoy your babies birthdays. I'm here if you need me!!

panicstricken
15-04-20, 01:40
Thankyou so so so much tnt808 it really helps talking to you xxxx my husband and I do the same I literally drown everything in disinfectant lol and wash fruit in warm soapy water xxx I spray bags on the door and then disinfect individual items inside x before my husband puts them away xxxx the article didnt say they had been out or anything it said they hadn't left the house in weeks. I have been receiving deliveries for food etc and bday prezzies always left on the door and disinfected but it's so hard not to be paranoid. My husband saids it's safe and I so want to believe him but I'm tortured by horrible thoughts and this really didnt help at all xxxx I hope u are well and u are enjoying g time with your beautiful family xxxxxxx much love 😘😘

Panicattacka
15-04-20, 01:53
You can only do so much. As the old Serenity Prayer goes: "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference."

Sounds like you guys are doing all that you can. It's all that any of us can do right now.

panicstricken
15-04-20, 02:10
Thankyou panicattacka for your kind words I really hope we can all find some peace and this will all be over quickly xx stay safe and strong x

tnt808
15-04-20, 14:33
I think we are doing all that we can. And I have to believe that what we're doing is working. It's not an immediate gratification thing, rather a slow trickle of hope. I just read an article of a 106 year old woman who recovered..she's from the UK too. There is hope!

rachie61
15-04-20, 17:04
Hi Both this helped me I have been the same since it all started used to suffer with Anxiety and Panics years ago last time was when my youngest daughter was born 14 years ago.I had also started taking Amitriptaline around the same time for Migraines as she never slept and i would have the most crushing Migraines anyway decided to come off them n Jan / Feb as my doctor said i had been taking them a long time all was good then the CV struck and bam straight into full on Anxiety I do get Health Anxiety occasionally but this is madness i am a key worker so going in to work was a nightmare but i am working from home now but more time to think :( .

Good days and bad today is bad trying to keep occupied its hard i have some sleeping tablets and have started back on the Amitriptaline as i have it in my head that coming off them has started the panics. I try and hide it as much as i can from my hubby and Daughters but its hard and i have lost a lot of weight.
I am glad to hear you have good night i get about 5 hours were as before it was 2 tops and i meditate for a hour n the day.
sorry for the long post xx Rachel xx

panicstricken
15-04-20, 19:13
Hi Rachel I'm so sorry to hear you too are feeling awful xx thankyou so so much for all you are doing being a key worker I am so happy that u can work from home now though xxxxx i hope u feel better it's so hard but I am always here if u need me. I may not make much sense but i can listen xxxxx I hope the medicine helps you get some rest and u can find some peace xx I am the opposite to u at the moment I cant stop eating I hate it i have always been a comfort eater but managed to get it under control but this situation is cooking me lol. I really hope u are doing ok now what sort of things do u do to distract yourself I'm decorating constantly atm lol . I find a good mystery on youtube helps distract me too (that's if u can bypass the scary coronavirus section) i usually close my eye and scroll down lol xxx sending loads of love and hugs stay strong xx

tnt808
15-04-20, 19:28
Hi Rachel! Sorry you're struggling..I have a very hard time eating right now too. I'm making sure I at least drink a protein shake a day and try very hard to get some food in me. This isn't easy for most of us right now. People are experiencing bouts of anxiety that never have before. Sorry for your lack of sleep..its an awful cycle. No sleep=awful anxiety. Anxiety =no sleep! Yea, I haven't figured that one out yet.
All we can do is continue to distract ourselves and have hope. I have to have at least hope through this. I hope you can too.

pulisa
15-04-20, 20:00
I don't have time to disinfect my shopping and I go to the shops a lot. I do follow the guidelines and keep my hands clean etc. Most days I am so busy that I don't think about CV. I seriously think that you can take things too far.and as for that newspaper article..well it's tabloid fodder and who knows what the true facts were regarding how that poor couple contracted the virus.

Maybe I've been lucky so far but my view is that I could never be 100% sure that I had done enough and I do want to be able to function and keep everyone in my family going. Uncertainty is horrible but it's reality with this virus and no one can ward it off for definite,not even the doctors treating it with the relevant protective clothing.

Just keep well and keep eating decent food to boost your immune system. Try and rest your brain at night to have strength to cope with the day. Every little helps psychologically and maybe even medically xx