PDA

View Full Version : Blood in urine reply

Jessxxx1
12-04-20, 11:14
Hi, just a post to reply to Molly about blood in urine. I have had this for a good few years... Consistently blood on dipstick... From trace to +++. Turns out I had an inflamed bladder (v common). The inflammation means the blood vessels are near the surface and so some blood cells leak into the urine. The inflammation is often caused by food allergy or mild autoimmune things. The urologist prescribed me over the counter antihistamine (hay fever tablets) which sorted it out within 2 weeks. Obviously you need to be followed up, but just to say it is so often absolutely nothing and easily treatable. After 6 months of antihistamine I am now off and 7 months later still ok!

nomorepanic
12-04-20, 13:30
Can you post this on her thread so she sees it?

molly15
13-04-20, 09:52
Hi thank you for your reply . I really appreciate it . Did you have symptoms before you got checked like me constant running to loo the urge to go never leaves? It's awful and completely freaking me out xx

Jessxxx1
13-04-20, 17:43
Yes, but not all the time. I occasionally would get slight burning/cystitis feeling but very minor... And probably not noticeable to most people but I was aware because of the blood.