PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety about accessing care

Jessxxx1
12-04-20, 11:19
Hi everyone, I have long standing HA. I currently have a little worry about a mole but I'm being rational and just watching it for a few weeks/month to see if it changes... But I'm feeling most anxious about what to do if I
or my family do need to get help... Either via GP or hospital (I have a small child with serious heart issues). I'm feeling very sceptical about the NHS systems in place actually working seeing as now NHS hospitals are designated CV hospitals. Anyone else feel similar?

tnt808
12-04-20, 15:03
Hi! Sorry you're worried and unsure during this time. A lot of us are.
I've had Squamous Cell Carcinoma 3 times. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. And if anything worsens you know your doctor is probably able to do a telemedicine appointment.

Big Hugs��

tnt808
12-04-20, 15:09
Also..I need to clarify that I in NO way am implying that you have anything sinister!

Sparkle1984
12-04-20, 20:03
Hi everyone, I have long standing HA. I currently have a little worry about a mole but I'm being rational and just watching it for a few weeks/month to see if it changes... But I'm feeling most anxious about what to do if I
or my family do need to get help... Either via GP or hospital (I have a small child with serious heart issues). I'm feeling very sceptical about the NHS systems in place actually working seeing as now NHS hospitals are designated CV hospitals. Anyone else feel similar?

In my local hospital, they have a zone for coronavirus-infected patients and a separate zone for patients without coronavirus, to reduce the risk of them catching it. I think it's probably similar in most hospitals. So you should still be able to get help if you need it.

pav1984
14-04-20, 20:08
In our hospital other departments are open. My son had an appointment the other week. If you do speak to your doc tell them about your situation regarding you child with heart issues. They can then advise accordingly.

I do understand what you mean though. You do feel awkward using doctors during the current period but if something is wrong you should talk to your doc. They will most likely talk on the phone and decide if they need to see you

carriewriting
15-04-20, 22:25
I went to get my flu shot yesterday and told my GP my anxiety has been really bad because I worry that something will happen and I won't be able to see her because of coronavirus. She said the opposite is true. People are staying away from hospitals and GPs to the point that doctors are concerned that people aren't getting help. She said if I need to see her, make an appointment. Hope that helps you a little.

Houndie8585
27-06-20, 08:46
I kinda feel the same way. Every time I have a bad panic attack and feel like now is the time to talk to the doctor, I always stop myself telling myself things like, "No, they won't want me around." "They will say I'm overreacting and being selfish." "They will be annoyed with me." "They won't have any time or space for me." But then again I have heard the opposite too. That some doctors and nurses are even being laid off or put on half hours in some places because of lack of people coming to them. So not sure. But if it's something clearly abnormal that can be pointed to then how can they really say no, right? Even if they just ask for a picture or something first, before actually meeting in person.