PDA

View Full Version : My mum has a swollen foot/ankle - very worried

louise0501
12-04-20, 13:27
Hi there. About 9 days ago my mum woke up and her ankle/foot was hurting and it was quite swollen. The night before she had worked 12 hours in a care home so been on her feet a lot so thought maybe she sprained it at work but 9 days seems a long time for swelling and it still hurts quite a bit. She 61 so I'm so worried about her. Anyone had this before? Any ideas what she might have done?

Please reply

Love louise xxxxxxxxx

louise0501
12-04-20, 16:41
Anyone any ideas? I'm so worried about her and cant even see due to the lockdown. I'm so scared this may be something serious.

nomorepanic
12-04-20, 16:58
Could be a sprain, could be water retension. We have no way of knowing to be honest.

Carnation
12-04-20, 18:34
You could try the hot and cold compress to see if that helps. But like Nicola says, there's no way of us know what it is. x

Sparkle1984
12-04-20, 19:52
My mum had this a few months ago. It turned out to be due to the blood pressure tablets she'd recently started. She had to try several different types before she found one which didn't cause unwanted side effects.

louise0501
14-04-20, 18:06
Hi. Thanks for your replies. My mum rang the doctor today and he thinks she suffering from pustular psoriasis and said if it's not better in a week or so to give him another call. Anyone have any experience on pustular psoriasis? I googled it and it sounds quite serious and hard to treat. Her other foot has started to swell now as well. I'm so worried.

Love louise xxxxxxxxxx

Phoenixess
14-04-20, 23:45
Hi. Thanks for your replies. My mum rang the doctor today and he thinks she suffering from pustular psoriasis and said if it's not better in a week or so to give him another call. Anyone have any experience on pustular psoriasis? I googled it and it sounds quite serious and hard to treat. Her other foot has started to swell now as well. I'm so worried.

Love louise xxxxxxxxxx

Has she had psoriasis before? Just curious how the doctor came to that conclusion? I was covered head to toe in psoriasis, saw numerous GPs and a trip to a and e and emergency referral to see a dermatologist before I was diagnosed with guttate psoriasis at 14 never had a GP diagnose from the onset. Hope she’s ok fingers crossed! If it’s that bad she should see dermatology ASAP and they should be working at the moment due to how psoriasis is impacted and impacts the immune system. Good luck hope she feels better soon x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk