PDA

View Full Version : scared i might have lung cancer?

ashleep
13-04-20, 05:13
i have this dry cough kinda barky sometimes , for over a week, i work and we have to wear N95 for work at the mo, so it might be that, but even after 3 days of not wearing it i have this cough, i did a beep test, like heaps of running a week ago, i feel this def made it worse, and it was hard to breath at work in the mask at work that afternoon and i felt it was been getting worse since then
I cant see anything online about n95 causing coughs
but its been over a week and it still here, i freaking out it must be lung cancer and its so hard to go to the drs at the mo
i have been around asbestos... so now i have this cough, i am actually scared

Scass
13-04-20, 06:35
Are you sure it’s not covid 19? Isn’t a dry cough one of the main symptoms?

ashleep
13-04-20, 09:25
no this started after the run, after wearing the mask. but in saying that, i did have two people came in yesterday who i think had it... so now i have to worry about that too, i was wearing a mask, gloves and we have a screen but still freaking out

Scass
13-04-20, 09:49
But if you have a cough you shouldn’t be going to work, especially in a pharmacy surely? Is it a constant cough? Or just occasionally?

ashleep
13-04-20, 10:27
no its not super bad, it honestly it started after the run i did then i put the mask on and it was hard to breath that afternoon, it kinda like a asthma cough, hence why im scared its lung cancer

NotDeadYet
13-04-20, 15:48
no its not super bad, it honestly it started after the run i did then i put the mask on and it was hard to breath that afternoon, it kinda like a asthma cough, hence why im scared its lung cancer

My first thought was asthma. Highly highly unlikely to be lung cancer.

Scass
13-04-20, 16:32
I would say allergies then. It’s that time of year

Midnight-mouse
13-04-20, 16:49
My chest is awful at the moment! There’s no way I have anything (Covid or otherwise) but I do have asthma and allergies and it’s hell this time of year. Even my husband who has no chest problems has been coughing about the same as me.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MRS STRESS ED
13-04-20, 19:11
my dad had lung cancer it wouldn't come on you that quick you only had the cough a week try not to panic phone your doctor speak to them chances are its just a cough cold or irritation even best wishes xx