PDA

View Full Version : Scratchy throat, stuffy ear?

UserName20
13-04-20, 19:11
I feel like yesterday my throat seemed a little scratchy. It didn’t necessarily hurt, it just felt scratchy. My nose is not really stuffy, maybe slightly when I’m laying down. And I feel like I need to keep clearing my throat. I feel like my right ear is stuffed up now too. I haven’t been anywhere and have been staying home for a little over three weeks now. I go with my mom in the car to do grocery pick up from Walmart. ( she isn’t sure how to use the app so I have to use my phone to check us in ). I also have been in the car going to the vet but have had no contact with the people. We have waited in the car. the only thing I can think of is on Saturday I spent a good part of the day crying. ( we had to put our pet bunny down) Crying always stuffs me up and gives me a headache.

So obviously right now I am pretty sure I have it because I’ve read a lot of times it starts out like a cold. I am just confused because it’s not like I have been going in public. We wipe down all of our groceries and wear gloves even just bringing them inside. No cough or fever though. I am very scared and I’m scared to tell my parents I feel like this because they’ll freak out. My sister has asthma and is pregnant. My mind is going nuts.

glassgirlw
13-04-20, 19:24
Do you suffer from allergies at all? I know mine have been playing up he last couple weeks!!

UserName20
13-04-20, 20:29
ThatÂ’s what I was wondering since the weather is changing. I usually donÂ’t have any though. My brother has been home for over a month now without leaving to go anywhere at all and he had a stuffy nose last week which came out of nowhere. A lady in my city in an interview said hers started out with a scratchy throat too. IÂ’m really worried and IÂ’m scared IÂ’m going to die. IÂ’m 20 and donÂ’t really have any underlying health conditions. Except my glucose was slightly high last time I was at the dr which scares me.

Careful1
13-04-20, 20:43
Just because your glucose was high doesn’t mean you have blood sugar problems. My blood glucose is high pretty much every time it’s tested but my A1C is always normal. You can have it checked again and make sure to fast before hand, if it’s still high have your A1C checked but don’t let it scare you cause there is likely nothing to worry over. I think when it comes to labs the trend is your friend. Blood levels for any test can and do go beyond what’s considered normal and even lower from time to time and a person can have a result that is slightly higher or lower then what’s considered normal and it be completely normal for that person.

I wouldn’t worry about the virus at the moment either. Given your symptoms it can just be allergies

UserName20
16-04-20, 16:00
A few days have passed and I feel pretty much okay now. One thing that scares me is that last night I dreamed that I ate something. And whatever I ate in the dream it was like I was allergic to it. I couldn’t feel my mouth and felt like I couldn’t breathe. In the dream I was calling my dad asking him for Benadryl, and the feeling eventually wore off.
But now I’m wondering.. what if that wasn’t just a dream and that I am actually having breathing problems? Once I woke up I was completely fine. Could it be possible it was just a dream?

I was a bit anxious last night and felt like my heart was beating a bit quick. I also keep breaking out when I use a certain lotion on my hands so I have been thinking I am allergic to it. Could my brain have meshed everything together? I’m scared it’s a physical problem

UserName20
17-04-20, 03:48
I’m too afraid to go back to sleep now. :(

UserName20
18-04-20, 20:11
The scratchy throat and ear thing completely went away. I was sneezing a bit last week so I wonder if it could have been allergies. I feel okay for the most part but I just feel myself being very anxious. I keep feeling like I can’t breathe properly and I keep trying to take really deep breaths. I put my sisters oxygen sensor on my finger and I was horrified.. it says 84! I kept doing it and it would go up to 99, then drop again, then go back up. I don’t know if it’s accurate or not but now I’m terrified. I don’t have a fever or any other symptom. Shortness of breath surely wouldn’t present itself alone, would it? Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me. But why would the oxygen reader show that low?? A few weeks ago I was very anxious too and it said those same numbers on and off

Fishmanpa
18-04-20, 20:17
C'mon UName.... Read back what you wrote. You're feeling better! Then you go and do some unnecessary self testing on a notoriously inaccurate device and spiral into a panic attack! :scared15: Find something to distract yourself. Sit back in an easy chair, put some headphones on and listen to music or put on a movie or something.

Positive thoughts

UserName20
18-04-20, 23:52
Thank you, Fishman. You are right. I don’t have a lot of the symptoms. I went through the obsessive temperature checking, feeling like I had to cough but I didn’t have a cough, and now this weird feeling of feeling like I can’t breathe properly. And if I stop obsessing over it I can breathe fine. At one point when I put the oxygen sensor on my finger it started the number at like 50! I’m pretty sure I would be feeling very unwell in that case! I noticed I was bending my finger with it in. I straightened my finger out and it went back up to 98. I even ran and stood out in the garage to make sure I could still smell since ours smells so much like oil. ( I think my family gave me a few strange looks for that one!)

I went on a drive today and just rolled the windows down as focused on all of the fresh air. I went down roads and drove to the church I go to even though it is empty, but for even a second things just felt normal again and it was so nice. Getting out and being around friends, going to store tojust to look at things is what always has helped me cope with my anxiety and get my mind off “symptoms” but obviously in this case I am not able to. I think that makes it harder because I’m stuck in my own mind at home I feel like. I would be lying if I said I haven’t put that darn thing back on my finger a few times because I have. It’s been reading 98-99 and I have decided to try my best to leave it alone for the rest of the night. Minds are a powerful thing. I’m reminding myself that 2 months ago I had many routine blood tests and a full checkup. And most of those results came back okay so I know I should feel relieved in that sense. I may phone my dr and ask him to refill my medication, I’ve just been too afraid to go to him for an appointment and they told me I need a physical visit for him to refill it.

Fishmanpa
19-04-20, 00:12
I may phone my dr and ask him to refill my medication, I’ve just been too afraid to go to him for an appointment and they told me I need a physical visit for him to refill it.

We're kind of dealing with the same issue. My doctor called and said he would refill my prescription but I needed to do a video visit. I pushed back and he refilled it. The office is making arrangements to have wellness/follow up visits in the mornings and COVID-19 related visits in the afternoons, disinfecting all along. Sadly, my wife's doctor (same practice) refused and because we would have to pay for the video visit (not covered under insurance), it's just not worth it. I'm going early next week to our previous doctor (as our new insurance has him in network) and make arrangements for a visit. I find abhorrent that they wouldn't extend a months worth of medication until this whole thing calms down.

Positive thoughts