PDA

View Full Version : ibs help or advice please!

saintdee
12-10-07, 14:04
hi all,

i have been told that i suffer from ibs, but being health anxious i struggle to tell myself thats prob whats wrong. anyway, i have been having trouble with number ones and twos recently, on sunday after breakfast in a hotel, i got into the lift to check out and had to run back to the room to go to the loo or i would of messed myself there and then! this is the 2nd time this symptom had happened to me. also i have the feeling of needing a two and find myself straining or going just a llittle bit each time. i also need to wee alot lately. i suffer with nerves and anxiety on a daily basis. does this sound like ibs? can ibs be there on a daily basis at different levels of severity? vicious cylcle, anxious anyway, and then get this issue, and then get anxious about this issue and so on. any help please?

nomorepanic
12-10-07, 18:34
Hi there

Have a read of the IBS website page for some advice.

I am sure I have it though they won't officialy diagnose it and I know that I have had to run sometimes to the loo!

I have more loose days than solid lol so I know how you feel.

Fruit aggrevates mine more.

The website pages gives some guidelines on what food you should try and avoid as well.

Neilr1978
13-10-07, 19:20
hi all,

i have been told that i suffer from ibs, but being health anxious i struggle to tell myself thats prob whats wrong. anyway, i have been having trouble with number ones and twos recently, on sunday after breakfast in a hotel, i got into the lift to check out and had to run back to the room to go to the loo or i would of messed myself there and then! this is the 2nd time this symptom had happened to me. also i have the feeling of needing a two and find myself straining or going just a llittle bit each time. i also need to wee alot lately. i suffer with nerves and anxiety on a daily basis. does this sound like ibs? can ibs be there on a daily basis at different levels of severity? vicious cylcle, anxious anyway, and then get this issue, and then get anxious about this issue and so on. any help please?

saintdee i have ibs,and your symptoms sound like ibs to me too,you can either have a need to go to the loo and cant or need to run to make it in time or a mixture of the two like me.My g.p told me mine came on because of stressing out all the time.most of the time i feel fine but when it comes on bad i feel like ive been hit by a train.Ibs is not a serious or life threatening condition and with the right diet and trying not to stress are the best things you can do to feel better.

Bill
14-10-07, 01:37
I'm the same. If I get anxious about something I can pay a visit 3 times or more! It's a bit like playing sport. You get nervous before a match but once your mind is focussed on the game in hand, the ibs stops, or at least it does for me. Mind you, being the supporter is worse because you can only relax when the games over! :shrug: I hate IBS. Wouldn't it be nice if what we ate and drunk could just evaporate so we didn't have to spend so much time in the loo! :lac:

peach
14-10-07, 08:54
hi!

i have ibs, and have had it now for about 5 years.
so if you want any advice, pleas feel free to message me about it! i know a bit about it all now...

they cant diagnose it as such, they can only rule other possibilities out...
dont worry if you do have it though, it is painful and uncomfortable at times, yes, but i have managed to live with it, and still be able to go places, do things, so its certainly not the end of the world.

i do wish that doctors would take it more seriously though and figure a way to help us make it completely go away.

any questions, feel free to ask, im happy to help!:)

peach
14-10-07, 08:56
oh, almost forgot, if you google, you will find there is a forum that is just for ibs sufferers.it helped me greatly when i was at my worst with it