PDA

View Full Version : help please!!

louise0501
12-10-07, 14:22
hi there, i just joined this board as i have been feeling incredibly anxious lately, i am in fact having a few panic attacks. in the past week i have been getting quite a few headaches, sometimes tablets work and when it goes i get pains around my eyes and down my face could this be caused by anxiety? i am so worried about it and the more worried i get, i tend to freak out and i am becomeing scared to go to work in case i have a panic attack. i am constantly scared i am going to die, like if i get a sudden pain in my head, i think my brain is bleeding. i'm 20 years old and this is destroying my life. i feel on edge all the time. i don't know what to do, i'm terrified. This time last year i was fine, it may of been because i was alot busier last year, like i was at college 14 hours a week and working 23 hours a week, whereas now i am only doing 5 hours a week at college and 15 - 20 hours at work a week. could this be caused by boredom?
Please help
Luv Louise

SammiB
12-10-07, 14:32
Hello louise - firstly welcome to the site, so much information here that can help you.

i know exactly what you are going through i'm 19 and have only had panic attacks for 4 months so last year i was fine, i was happy out going and now i'm luck to survive a trip up the town. but i've got lots better from the start.

i think that your headaches are anxiety and the more you worry about them then the more anxious you are - i have these headaches all the time - they coluld just be tension headaches from your worry.

i also am terrified i'm going to die pretty much everyday and it has got worse now that i'm not working so i definatly think that your anxiety is partly due to less distractions.

what you have to do is accept that it is only anxiety, and that the panic attacks won't kill you. keep yourself distracted even when at home and try to get some breathing and relaxation exercise to bring down your anxious levels when you get your headaches.

its all about keeping calm and rational thinking. good luck and i hope you feel better - feel free to message me anytime

sammi

xxxx

louise0501
12-10-07, 14:49
thanks for the advice, just reading these boards has helped me a lot as i feel like i'm not alone, it's so difficult to explain to people how i'm feeling, they just think making it up most of the time. so thanks so much.

nomorepanic
12-10-07, 18:27
Hi Louise and welcome

Have a read of the website pages on the left for loads of great advice and tips.

Hope we can be of some help to you on here.