PDA

View Full Version : I cant cope...I really cant...

ricric
12-10-07, 15:16
Over that last 5 years Ive suffered with panic anxiety. I have been seeing a therapist for over 3 years now and had over 100 hours in therapy.
But now she says Im ready to go it alone, she think I no longer needs her. But I do!!!
She is the only person ever to connect with me, she understood me and I trust her.
Now I dont know how Im going to cope without her.. Im so scared of going backwards and panicking again I dont want to end up scared of everything.

Ive been on here before and never got much support but now I need support more than ever..

I need a friend/s to help me get through this..MORE THAN EVER!!!!!!!

Im feeling very helpless right now..please help me:emot-crying:

samc100
12-10-07, 15:23
:hugs: Come here - have a hug. :hugs:

I think you might need to find the faith in yourself that your therapist obviously has in you.

It is very scarey to think you may not ever see them again. Can you tell her how badly this upsets you so you can both work on you not seeing them again.

You won't be alone. You have your notes ( even if it is just the ones in your head) from your work with them. And you have us lot.

Does your therapist do private work? Mine does and I know that after my NHS treatment finishes, it is going to be a mental crutch to know that they are there even if I have to pay for it.

domino
12-10-07, 15:55
Hello, just read your post, i do,nt know you but am thinking of you, You will come out of this a much stronger person in the end. It,s tuff i know , but there comes a time when we really have to try it for ourselves, the hardest bit is believing in yourself.Y ou have us mad lot on here to help you we are just a click away. Sending you a :bighug1:you will get better.

Southern_Belle
12-10-07, 23:04
Hi,

I know it must be so scary but therapy is a process and this is part of it. I know you can do it and so does your therapist or they would not be suggesting you do this. Have you ever visited the chat room on this site? It is a great place to go and speak with people regarding your problems, feelings or to even have a laugh. I highly recommend it. You are not alone going through this as this site will help you through it. Post when you need help or like I said go in the chat room. Good luck and I do hope to read a success story very soon.

Hugs,

Laura

belle
12-10-07, 23:36
Hi and welcome.

I can only repeat whats already been said. Your therapist must think you are reading and more importantly READY for this step.

If you need support and advice i am positive you'll get it here :)

x

Bill
13-10-07, 01:48
Hi there,

After seeing a therapist for so long, you'll feel a strong bond so to let go will be very hard because you'll feel you're letting go of your safety net but as the others have said, your therapist must have faith in you that you can't see. In time, you may find that this feeling will pass.

However, don't think once therapy finishes you can't go back because therapy is there for people in need so if you find in time you can't yet cope alone, don't be afraid to ask your doctor to be referred back but give yourself a little time to adjust first and see if things improve.

Dave777
13-10-07, 07:28
Hiya,don't feel alone, if you need support we are here for you.

Dave

PUGLETMUM
13-10-07, 11:13
:hugs: hi ricric, you can make friends on here,who will be there for you if you need them, please reach out to those who have said they will support you? you can pm me anytime and i will try to help, take care emma xxxxx

lesleyB
13-10-07, 13:25
Hi, I had to leave the comfort and saftey of a Day Hospital and I was scared, but you can do it, your therapist would not have suggested it if she didn't believe in you ,as others have said you can always go back. Give it a try and I'm sure you will supprise yourself. Good luck.
Thinking of you
Lesley:hugs:

nomorepanic
13-10-07, 17:14
There has to come a time when you go it alone and maybe now is that time.

You can do it with our support as well.

Good luck!

normalwisdom
13-10-07, 17:28
I have spoken to you quite a lot and have told you there are others out there to support you be it family friends and of course people on here. Your therapist obviously feels its time for you to try and get on with your life and you won't be alone there is lots of support out there. hugs for you:hugs: