PDA

View Full Version : OCD that my boyfriend will die from coronavirus!!! in a living hell

cereal33
16-04-20, 01:29
Hey!
Ive been really struggling like many people due to covid! I’m used to having intrusive thoughts to do with health and this has really set them off. Im having obbsessive thoughts that my boyfriend will die from it, he drinks and smokes A LOT, and has asthma! He’s showing symptoms and I’m so scared. He’s 22 so should be okay but due to being in lockdown my ocd is going crazy. I can’t stop thinking about it, in my head he’s already dead, i genuinley feel like i’m grieving. My head keeps playing out awful things like his funeral or him in hospital and its really scary. He also said the other night that it hurt when he breathed in so now im scared he has peunomia too. It doesn’t help that I’m isolating at home 4 hours away! It’s weird because my Grandma’s at much higher risk and im not even worried she’ll get it or die, ocd is weird! I obbsessivley look at the news and statistics to check the likleyhood of him dying, and seeing things about people our age dying drives me crazy. I wish i could distract myself but im finding it really tough to manage these thoughts as they seem a lot more real than my past more ‘irrational’ obsessions. Sorry i realise there are people worse off and this is very self indulgent but i just need some advice and relief!
Thanks so much!

cereal33
16-04-20, 01:30
Hey!
Ive been really struggling like many people due to covid! I’m used to having intrusive thoughts to do with health and this has really set them off. Im having obbsessive thoughts that my boyfriend will die from it, he drinks and smokes A LOT, and has asthma! He’s showing symptoms and I’m so scared. He’s 22 so should be okay but due to being in lockdown my ocd is going crazy. I can’t stop thinking about it, in my head he’s already dead, i genuinley feel like i’m grieving. My head keeps playing out awful things like his funeral or him in hospital and its really scary. He also said the other night that it hurt when he breathed in so now im scared he has peunomia too. It doesn’t help that I’m isolating at home 4 hours away! It’s weird because my Grandma’s at much higher risk and im not even worried she’ll get it or die, ocd is weird! I obbsessivley look at the news and statistics to check the likleyhood of him dying, and seeing things about people our age dying drives me crazy. I wish i could distract myself but im finding it really tough to manage these thoughts as they seem a lot more real than my past more ‘irrational’ obsessions. Sorry i realise there are people worse off and this is very self indulgent but i just need some advice and relief! Thanks so much!

Panicattacka
16-04-20, 01:51
Okay, here goes:

1. Your BF won't die from Covid-19
2. What the hell is an asthmatic doing smoking?

nomorepanic
16-04-20, 12:05
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Scass
16-04-20, 16:45
Okay, here goes:

1. Your BF won't die from Covid-19
2. What the hell is an asthmatic doing smoking?

Try not to be so judgemental, it’s not helpful.

Scass
16-04-20, 16:47
Hey!
Ive been really struggling like many people due to covid! I’m used to having intrusive thoughts to do with health and this has really set them off. Im having obbsessive thoughts that my boyfriend will die from it, he drinks and smokes A LOT, and has asthma! He’s showing symptoms and I’m so scared. He’s 22 so should be okay but due to being in lockdown my ocd is going crazy. I can’t stop thinking about it, in my head he’s already dead, i genuinley feel like i’m grieving. My head keeps playing out awful things like his funeral or him in hospital and its really scary. He also said the other night that it hurt when he breathed in so now im scared he has peunomia too. It doesn’t help that I’m isolating at home 4 hours away! It’s weird because my Grandma’s at much higher risk and im not even worried she’ll get it or die, ocd is weird! I obbsessivley look at the news and statistics to check the likleyhood of him dying, and seeing things about people our age dying drives me crazy. I wish i could distract myself but im finding it really tough to manage these thoughts as they seem a lot more real than my past more ‘irrational’ obsessions. Sorry i realise there are people worse off and this is very self indulgent but i just need some advice and relief! Thanks so much!

I found the best thing to do was to stop reading the news & Twitter.

You’re at home and you’re bored so your anxiety has free rein. Practice helping your anxiety, find a hobby or distractions. Trust that your boyfriend is getting looked after by family and that he’ll be ok.

cereal33
16-04-20, 18:51
hey, thanks a lot for your response. Definitely need to stop reading cickbaity things and obsessing over news! I just worry because he's not even staying with family just in a flat with his mate. with my OCD I'm finding it hard not to dwell on worst case scenario constantly.