PDA

View Full Version : I Get Worried Everytime I Go Out In Public

THoltz
16-04-20, 03:15
Hello everyone,<br><br>I get very worried when I come back from going out in public to the grocery or another essential errand.<br><br>I am 29 years old, 175lbs, healthy, regularly exercise.&nbsp;<br><br>I live alone so I have to do errands myself.&nbsp;<br><br>I try to limit my trips to once a week or longer. I order stuff from Amazon when I can to limit my trips out.<br><br>When I do go out and return,&nbsp; I get deathly worried that I have the CV even though I sanitize stuff and wash my hands thoroughly.&nbsp; I even start to "manifest" symptoms like a cough or I feel hot like I do now. I get really worried then a few days later the symptoms go away when I am focused on something else.<br><br>I keep telling myself that the majority of people who get it have mild symptoms and that majority of people tested have been negative.<br><br>This shows how powerful anxiety can be in that it can manifest symptoms of an illness!!!

THoltz
23-04-20, 15:30
So my anxiety has seemed to ramp up again today.

I woke up with what seems to be a touch and go sore throat. It's like the pain comes and goes. It's not severe but I am somewhat concerned.

I am also tired but that may be attributed to the fact that I went to bed rather late last night.

I have not been coughing this morning so thats another good sign I figure.

This COVID-19 crisis has been horrible for hypochondriacs like me.

It doesn't help also that COVID-19 has very vague symptoms outside of fever cough, and shortness of breath.

ErinKC
23-04-20, 15:32
I'm sorry you're having a tough time. Being alone through this must be very hard, too! Do the stores around you offer pick up or delivery for groceries? I've been doing pickup at ShopRite and it's been really great. Target also offer drive up for other things (not perishable). That might ease your mind a bit.

THoltz
23-04-20, 16:52
I'm sorry you're having a tough time. Being alone through this must be very hard, too! Do the stores around you offer pick up or delivery for groceries? I've been doing pickup at ShopRite and it's been really great. Target also offer drive up for other things (not perishable). That might ease your mind a bit.

All of the grocery stores in my area are backed up. The soonest I could get pickup would be 4-5 days out. I order what I can online and only into grocery stores for what I need like perishable stuff and food.

Although I am 29 years old, I feel like I more cautious/worried about this than people twice my age who have health issues
I see so many people with no protective gear on in public. It’s crazy. And these people are more likely to develop a severe reaction than I am

THoltz
07-05-20, 16:03
So I am starting to get worried again. Last night I thought I had a fever. I went to sleep and woke up feeling fine. But now I have this cough. It almost feels like I am trying to clear my throat. It tickles somewhat. I have no other symptoms. I feel like I have plenty of energy. I don’t feel overly tired. I didn’t get a lot of sleep last night.

My sense of taste and smell are still present.

I wonder if I am manifesting symptoms via my anxiety.

I can’t wait til this is over.

THoltz
07-05-20, 18:00
So I just went for a 3 mile run and I feel ok. I don’t have my cough anymore. Strange.

It was nice to get out and run with the weather as nice as it has been here.

WiseMonkey
07-05-20, 22:52
So I am starting to get worried again. Last night I thought I had a fever. I went to sleep and woke up feeling fine. But now I have this cough. It almost feels like I am trying to clear my throat. It tickles somewhat. I have no other symptoms. I feel like I have plenty of energy. I don’t feel overly tired. I didn’t get a lot of sleep last night.

My sense of taste and smell are still present.
I wonder if I am manifesting symptoms via my anxiety.
I can’t wait til this is over.

Most likely allergy related as it's Spring in the US. If you do develop significant symptoms please contact your Dr and stay at home, take care :)

ankietyjoe
08-05-20, 11:39
Everybody gets worried when they go out right now, it's just part and parcel of the current situation.