PDA

View Full Version : I am OK, aren't I?

mat74
12-10-07, 18:06
Done really well this last week, tablets (Citalopram) seem to be helping and have just had my second session with my counsellor (on Wednesday). Been working 8-2 at work (HR agreed this) and been generally OK.

Today however I have had a bit of a headache, a few palpitations (like now, but nothing too bad I don't thnk) and some nausea/light headiness. Although I don't feel ill it is probably my worst day from the last 10 or so.

I am just about to eat as I have my hunger but feel a bit bloated and muzzy but I know I have to eat so am going for it with a nice cold lemonade!

First time I have fely like this for ages, maybe the excitement of being the weekend? Tonight I am just going to eat, play some poker and watch the TV with the cats and try and relax. Tomorrow is sports day in front of the TV (footy, rugby and cricket!)

I know, silly post, but I hate feeling like this after feeling as near to normal as I have done for months. I guess anxiety/panic just hits you that is the problem!

Hope you are all well.

Mat xx

nomorepanic
12-10-07, 18:17
Hi Mat

It is not a silly post at all.

Just remember that sometimes we take a small step back and then one forward again and sometimes it is 2 back and then 3 forward again. We call them blips.

Have a lovely chiling weekend and hope you feel better soon.

Piglet
12-10-07, 18:18
Mat you sound like you are doing just fine hun and it's perfectly normal to have some sideways days here and there - you would have done that before anxiety too hun but not cared so much!!:hugs:

Love Piglet :flowers:

WDWFan
12-10-07, 18:48
Mat you are doing the right thing! chill out and watch a bit of sport! and cats are the best companions to watch it with right.

groovygranny
12-10-07, 19:09
Silly post Mat?

On the contrary, it's a very truthful, informative and quite encouraging post!

It's great that you have done so well - don't undermine yourself just because you're having a hiccup....we all have them!

I hope you enjoy your weekend - and don't go expecting too much from yourself....you're doing just great!!

:hugs::hugs:

:)

samc100
12-10-07, 19:32
My therapist says that we have to remember everyone has off days. So have a chilled weekend and relax - you sound to be doing brilliantly.

I was really scared when I had my first hiccup that the dark days were back so you are not alone worrying about that.

I'm hoping those Rugby matches are brilliant!

KittyKate
12-10-07, 20:57
Glad to hear things are going ok with you Mat :hugs:

knightbabe
12-10-07, 23:02
Mat its not a silly post. I was getting back on my feet towards the end of last week then had a blip on saturday. I am now back up and running after relaxing for the weekend. I have progressed alot more this week. Its just a case of accepting the blips along the way.