PDA

View Full Version : G'day

lindylou
30-01-05, 12:06
Howdy all Ive only just found out about this site today, via another member. Well I will certainly have alot to read and browse on here and will do so. Ive got a so called simple phobia, I cant drive over damn bridges and im finally having cognitve therapy for it, yes im slowly getting there, but in the mean time I'm now how panic attacks during my sleep, they're terrible. Ive not long started a new job in a different field, my kids are giving me some stress and I think its just all coming to a head, and im finding it harder to get some sort of control over them, even though I recognize what is happening at the time. Omg it all gets too hard at times and I would just love to run away, but I know thats isnt gonna solve/sort my problems, so hopefully when Ive had a good browse on here it might trigger some strength in me to battle on with it. Ive had my disorder for 13 yrs and im worn out, but cheers to all and I will certainly keep posting from time to time, hopefully with a more positive outlook in the future. [:P]

seh1980
30-01-05, 12:48
hello Lindylou,

Welcome to the site!! It sounds like you have a real positive attitude, which is great! I'm sure that the info on this site and the people will help you loads. Take care.

Sarah :D

mumof4
30-01-05, 12:53
hi and welcome.

mico
30-01-05, 13:02
G'day Lindy

Welcome to the site.

Anxiety does wear you out from time to time doesn't it. I hope you can find plenty of help here, I'm sure Nicola will have some advice on driving over bridges.

mico

nomorepanic
30-01-05, 15:38
Hi Lindy and welcome to the site.

I too don't like bridges - read these previous 2 posts that I wrote..

A Bridge too Far (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1788)

Off to face the bridge again! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2153)

I hope we can be of some help to you on here and maybe you will get over those bridges soon.

Nicola

Karen
30-01-05, 17:10
Hi Lindy

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll get a lot of help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

maxine
30-01-05, 20:58
Hi Lindy,
Welcome to the site

Maxine

lainey
31-01-05, 08:49
Hi Lindy

Welcome to the site, I'm sure you'll find lots of help and support here

Take care

Elaine x

FAN
31-01-05, 18:48
hi and welcome hope you find the site useful

fan x

jill
01-02-05, 08:38
Hi Lindy,

Just want to say welcome to the site,
I'm sure you well get lots of help and support here.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX