PDA

View Full Version : Why now?

nycworrier
13-10-07, 18:25
Hi everyone,I have been here bofore but my pc crashed and I forgot all my log in info so had to re-register!

I will just give a little background if you dont mind:Ok I am what i consider to be a born worrier,If I have nothing to worry about,I panic then as to why I have nothing to worry about!

My partner and I went to New York for the first time in may..it is our dream destination...it was fantastic everything we thought it would be and more.
Prior to this holiday the anxiety was unbearable,I cried for days before we left for NYC but I knew that I wanted to go NYC so badly,I cried at the airport too.My partner god luv him is very supportive for which I am very grateful.

The thing is we have just booked to go back to NYC again in January...wouldnt you think having been before I would be ok with it?
Nope...not at all the anxiety has returned big time I am having very irrational thoughts about bad things happening to me/us whilst we are there,also about going there.Im so frustrated I have never been to the doctors before about all of this but now I want to,I cant let my life pass me by like this...anybody out there?

nycworrier
13-10-07, 19:05
Anybody??

nomorepanic
13-10-07, 19:08
I would say it was anticipatory anxiety

We all get it and start the "what ifs" but when we do it we are fine!

I am sure if you did it once you can do it again.

nycworrier
13-10-07, 19:15
Thanks nicola,I build everything up in my head so much so it is nearly stopping me from doing anything in life....there is a world out there that I want to see...but its the 'doing' that is so so hard.:blush:

nomorepanic
13-10-07, 19:16
Ok I can understand that - we all do it!

We think we can't but we can it is just believing in ourselves again.

It helps to write successes down and look back at them and see that we can do it when we want to.

Just remember that no-one ever died trying so if you at least tried then that is a great success in itself.

nomorepanic
13-10-07, 19:18
P.S. I pm'd you about your previous name on here so I can merge the accounts together.

nycworrier
13-10-07, 19:37
Thanks alot for your support nicola,

Yes just read your pm....I think my name was 'vixxys'...Thanks again

nomorepanic
13-10-07, 19:57
I merged your old account in now as well.

Please try not to worry ok and let it take over your life as it will probably be the best thing you ever did.

You are braver than me that's for sure - I am not sure I could go there at the moment cos I hate flying!

nycworrier
13-10-07, 21:50
Thanks so much for your support nicola I really appreciate it,I just need a good kick up the bum I think.

Thanks again
:flowers: