PDA

View Full Version : Self Help Course

samtheman
13-10-07, 21:00
Don't know if this has been mentioned before but it may be of use http://online.stresscenter.com/subscription/default.htm is an online version of Lucinda Bassetts Attacking Anxiety and Depression, it cost £2.50 a week, you can stop it at any time, and I highly recommend it, To be honest if it doesn't help you I don't know what else will, its the best self help course for Anxiety out there.

Anna C
16-10-07, 23:12
Hi Sam,
I just had a look at that website. I'm new here and need all the advice I can get!
Is it 16 weekly sessions and each one is £2.50 ?
So if you recommend it does that mean that it has helped you and that you are much better now?
Thanks for posting the link, I only had a quick look but I could identify with what she was saying.

Thanks again Anna

samtheman
17-10-07, 07:12
Hi Sam,
I just had a look at that website. I'm new here and need all the advice I can get!
Is it 16 weekly sessions and each one is £2.50 ?
So if you recommend it does that mean that it has helped you and that you are much better now?
Thanks for posting the link, I only had a quick look but I could identify with what she was saying.

Thanks again Anna

Hi, yes its £2.50 a week, the first weeks free, it has had excellent results with me, I went on a plane a couple of months ago, something I have never been able to do before for fear of going mad etc, I can go anywhere and do anything which in turn has shifted my depression also, and just 2 years ago I was housebound with Agoraphobia

Alabasterlyn
17-10-07, 10:10
Don't know if this has been mentioned before but it may be of use http://online.stresscenter.com/subscription/default.htm is an online version of Lucinda Bassetts Attacking Anxiety and Depression, it cost £2.50 a week, you can stop it at any time, and I highly recommend it, To be honest if it doesn't help you I don't know what else will, its the best self help course for Anxiety out there.

Is this the same kind of thing as the Lucinda Bassett "From Panic To Power" CD's? I already have them and although I find them very interesting they haven't helped me get over my anxiety and agoraphobia. Maybe this course is different :shrug:

samtheman
17-10-07, 16:48
Panic to power is a very slimmed down version of this, This has 16 sessions with videos lasting about an hour a session

Tom_M
18-10-07, 01:51
If it helps you, then it's well worth the money. But personally, I don't believe in paying for information when it's already freely available on the net. There's loads of sites out there that offer help freely - just like this site. The problem is that the commercial sites get right the top of the search engines, so the people who are offering their services for free, never get a luck in. I had a good site with information that helped the people visiting it. But after paying hosting bills for 6 months with only 10 members. I got very disillusioned and shut the site down. But like I said. Money is well spent if it gets you better.