PDA

View Full Version : how often can anxiety strike

saintdee
13-10-07, 22:25
i have been going through a bad time these last few weeks, and i want some advice please.

i get shakey inside, tired, and like a foggy head. then istart to feel ok, but bit later it comes again.

can anxiety be with you on a constant basis? and the symptoms come and go?

Insomniac
13-10-07, 22:57
hi there.

Iit really can feel constant sometimes. But some of the symptoms could be due to tiredness. Panic/anxiety really wears you out. Also the symptoms causes by increased adrenaline can make you feel quite strange. There's some really helpful stuff about symptoms and self help on the menu bar (to left).

The symptoms do come and go. I find that if I've had a bad week, I'm more aware of whats going on with my body and "look for trouble". This can lead to the slightest change making me think panic is coming, which makes me worry more, and my body produces adrenaline, and away we go on the vicious circle. I'm getting better at it now, and try to talk myself into ignoring it instead! I tell it I'm not listening lol.

Hope this helps.

mark74
14-10-07, 06:30
Sometimes i can have maybe 3-6 attacks in a day and others maybe just 1.Its weird how i can go days without one and then all of a sudden BOOM,the panic kicks in espeacially when im out.I have the constant feeling that im about to have one,sometimes i can just ride it and force myself to get on with things but once the adrenalin starts going its the start of my attack...........sorry i cant help you with this but just sharing my experience.

judipat
14-10-07, 08:49
Hi
I agree with Lisa, Anxiety/pa's etc are exhausting and when you are tired, symptoms can feel ten times worse.
I also have the feeling that every day I am "on the edge" and I fight to control the symptoms - i.e. breathing excercises etc.
Trouble is, its a vicious circle - you get the horrible symptoms/feelings, this makes you anxious/panic - that makes the symptoms worse - and so on.
I think some days I can handle it better and try not to dwell on it and other days it completely overwhelms me.
Hope you feel better soon

Judi:):):)