PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the USA

pooh1069
14-10-07, 02:14
Hi Everyone..

Just found this site today and I am so happy that I did. I have the fear of Vomiting.. It affects my everyday life I have 2 children 4 years old and 14 months old. I try not to let my fear of germs and virus affect my 4 year old from playdates. But after we get home I make sure that my son SCRUBS his hands then I worry that I am going to get a call from the a mother of one of the kids that they were throwing up all night. Then I go into full panic mode for about 2-3 days until the incubation period goes by. then I feel better and say to my self why did I just worry like that Everything is going to be ok. Until the next time. I think that my problem is that I am afraid to get sick I can handle when the kids are sick and we are in the middle of it. It is just the anticipation and the not knowing that kills me.. I do better in the summer and spring season but as soon as back to school comes my attacks are more frequent. I was wondering if there is anyone else in the US with the same problem. Not that everyone from the UK is not cool. I listen to anyone that has some help for me. Thank you all for listening..

Mindy

groovygranny
14-10-07, 07:59
Hello Mindy:welcome:to you!

I can't offer you any advice with your particular problem I'm afraid - but there are plenty here who can!

Glad you decided to joins us, you'll find plenty of support and understanding here!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

honeybee3939
14-10-07, 14:49
HI Mindy

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

Lindalou64
14-10-07, 15:23
Hi Mindy And Welcome To The Site As You See Im Also From Usa What Part Are You Im In Massachusetts, Sounds Like You Have Health Anxiety That I Dont Have I Suffer W Anxiety And Panic Had Agraphobia For Yrs But Got Out Of That Stage...on The Forum They Have Health Anxiety On There Theres Also A Few Members I Know On Here Who Have It Also.....i Wish Ya The Best Pm If You Like Ok........wish Ya The Best.......linda

Southern_Belle
14-10-07, 17:40
Hi Mindy,

Welcome to NMP. I live in North Carolina but I too don't have that particular problem. I do suffer with anxiety and OCD. There are many here who do suffer with what you do and will be able to help. You will get tons of support here.

Hugs,

Laura

pooh1069
14-10-07, 18:07
Hi Linda. I am also in the northeast I am on Long Island NY. Getting kinda cold here already I think today it is in the 60's. Which mean that my anxiety will be in full mode in the next few weeks. I love the winter but I hate the winter. To many GERMS. Talk to you soon. Mindy

manmoor
14-10-07, 18:50
Hi Mindy,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Lindalou64
14-10-07, 19:36
Hi Mindy Im Not Fond Of Winter Myself Due To Winter Blues....but Guess Just Have To Stay Busy But Im Finding It The Older I Get The Harder It Is To Live In The Cold....laura Can I Come There Lol Mindy I Have A Friend From There Also Who Is Part Of This Site...a Couple From Ny Area........hope Ya Having A Good Day.........linda

Nibbles
14-10-07, 19:53
Hi Mindy and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

trac67
15-10-07, 04:29
Hi

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

tnt808
15-10-07, 05:21
Welcome to the site.

I used to think I didn't suffer w/health anxiety, but the last few months have made me think different. I HATE germs...and I swear my neighbor has 6 kids so their house is a freakin' petrie dish full of gross things...which in turn my children get sick...and there goes the anxiety. I understand hun, and you have found a safe place to share your problems..or just vent. We are here to help or to just listen.

Also, I live in Hawaii and it's never cold here....but we still get sick:)

Lindalou64
15-10-07, 14:07
well tina can i come there :) no it no fun gettin sick it brings the anxiety on more, for me sometimes i dont even know im sick just figure its the anxiety,guess cause anxiety always starts in the stomache..........stay well...:)

nomorepanic
15-10-07, 20:06
Hi Mindy

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.