PDA

View Full Version : Reduce meds and needing support please..

Insomniac
14-10-07, 11:43
Hi everyone.

I'll try to keep this short, but can't promise bearing my other posts in mind.:)

On the whole I am coping well. I've had counselling and manage to counsel myself now if I feel bad. I can usually bring myself back to calm if I feel anxiety building, by focusing on my breathing techniques or distraction.

This summer I went to Wales for a few days to a place I didnt know and apart from the initial anxiety while reassuring myself "this place is OK", had a good week. Last week I went with the children on a school trip which meant 2hrs on a coach. This would have been impossible before, but apart from my settling in time I was fine and count it as a major achievement. :yesyes: (travelling, not being in control, being with work not family etc) I didnt even take any meds before going or the night before!!

Hubby and I have found we can try to have a baby with donor insemination, something we have thought impossible before. We have a daughter who's 9 now, but didnt think we were able to have any more, so this hope has made us both feel lighter. I'm doing so well managing the anxiety - its still there and I suppose always will be - but I feel I can cope with it now. So I really want to come of the seroxat now. I've been on 30mg. I saw Doc on Friday and she's happy to support me reducing the dose. I started with 20mg today!

So why am I posting? Hmmm. :shrug: Just feeling tired and down today and needing support. Also (though I feel down), I want to be positive for others here and show that progress can be made. I do believe I can control this. Its just that small bit of me which says - yeah, but what if I can't without the meds - but its a very small part now. :) I noticed an increase in tightness in my chest and more frequent palpitations this week. But I don't feel this will last more than a few days, because its hormone-related.

Just need some moral support I suppose. Any advivce on managing withdrawal, or from people who cope without their meds please? Or just a hug? Thanks all.

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Believe
14-10-07, 11:56
Hello Lisa,

First I want to start by saying, Good Job. You have done so many things, and I hope that you are proud of yourself. I know that it's not easy, but you have done great here.:yesyes:

You wanting to cut back on your meds, is a good sign to me. You are stronger now, and you want to face things on your own. It's not easy, I have been there and once you are over it you will be so happy you did this.

Just remember to stay positive, look forward to that baby and you will be fine.Please remember this to shall past. You are thinking about it, that's why you are noticing it.

We are here if you need us, an don't worry about long post.

Take Care
Believe:yesyes: :yesyes: :flowers: :flowers:

I Believe That We All Will Get Better

happyone
14-10-07, 12:21
I would just like to offer some support hun.
I can't be an advocate for coming off meds as I cannot for some time yet. However, our probs are different. i would like to say 'well done' to you and offer you support.:hugs:
My experience hun from past is that you will possibly get side effects of coming off and you have to go with this and tell yourself it is time limited. BUT...if it proves not to be...go back to doc and tell him or her.
If it is right for you, then it will be.
and as for lengthy posts.....I am the one with a thread reaching 100 pages hun, I can do lengthy! Don't worry about that!
happyone
xxx

Insomniac
14-10-07, 12:37
Hi there Believe and Happyone.

Thank you so much for your replies. Its just good to know I'm not alone.

Thank you!:hugs:

jitterbug
14-10-07, 13:34
you are doing really well and it is nice to see you believe in yourself *cuddles well done xxx