PDA

View Full Version : Very scared right now need support please

Honeyskye
07-04-20, 12:11
Hi everyone
So, I've had bad hayfever all my life. I'm used to it even though it sucks. I find this time of year worse for me as I think I'm more allergic to tree pollen.

The last couple of weeks I've felt a barrage of hayfever symptoms but mainly sneezing non stop, itchiness, congestion, etc. I know the signs by how it makes me feel...HOWEVER, my daughter came into contact with a confirmed covid case 6 weeks ago and developed a cough. It didn't make her ill but the cough lasted ages. It sounded like a mucusy cough and her nose was streaming with thick mucus afterwards too. Three weeks ago my husband came down with what seemed like a heavy head cold and so did I a few days later. We didn't get temperatures but we wondered 'is this coronavirus"?? I felt achey and headachy and just a bit off but not whereas I couldn't do my day to day stuff.

Fast forward to now and the last few days I've started getting really bunged up. I feel so congested and in the mornings I'm coughing to try and clear my throat and this morning was really bad. I coughed up thick green mucus and when I breathe out hard or cough it's like there is a wheeze there and I can feel all the crap in my throat. It doesn't feel like it's on my chest, it feels like my upper airways are irritated.

I panicked this morning and spoke to the nurse practitioner who told me it does sound like hayfever and the pollen is high at the moment but of course we will all have covid in the back of our minds so if I develop a temperature, persistent cough, start to feel unwell, etc. then I'm to call back, however, treat the hayfever thoroughly for now. I know this is sensible advice, however, I'm panicking. I'm thinking is this the start of coronavirus??? I feel fine, I don't feel feverish. I'm tired but that's because I'm not sleeping well due to my 15 month old waking during the night.

I just wanted so sensible thoughts really. I'm trying to be rational and to be honest, if it weren't for Covid-19 I'd think nothing of it really but it's the fact I was coughing this morning and my throat feels wheezy. I've been taking antihistamines but only for the last three or four days.

Please help. Also sorry for the long post.

nomorepanic
07-04-20, 13:03
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

ErinKC
07-04-20, 13:52
It seems like there is some possibility you had it weeks ago after your daughter, though from what I've read it doesn't do a lot in terms of nasal congestion and drainage, so that may have just been a cold since you also had no fever.

What you describe now is almost certainly hay fever. I like in the US, but mine is HORRENDOUS. It's worse this year than any in memory and I think it's partially due to being in the house so much more. We open the windows all day and then I'll also sit outside for hours and come back inside and I think I'm just swimming in the pollen unlike other years when I'd be out and about in different environments. Every morning I woke up so stuffed up, gunk all in the top of my throat, drippy eyes. And, that's with daily antihistamines. It's a bad, bad allergy season.

Are you guys going out often or mostly staying home?

Honeyskye
07-04-20, 13:55
Thanks Erin, I've two children so we are all at home but we take twice daily walks. We are surrounded by trees and grass and all manner of things.
I think it's the wheezy throat that's bothering me most.

Honeyskye
10-04-20, 13:09
I'm currently suffering with bad hayfever and am heavily congested. I find that if I don't take an antihistamine I'm streaming but when I do take one it clogs my nose up...
It all started Monday I woke up feeling like I needed to cough up stuff and I coughed up some mucus. Since then my throat has been all rattley like I'm a chain smoker. I can feel this rattle/wheeze down the whole of my windpipe.

I've spoken to the nurse practitioner three times this week and as I have coughed up a lot of green mucus this morning she has said it could possibly be a chest infection due to the mucus getting on my chest but as I'm coughing Covid-19 can't be ruled out. I'm not involuntary coughing- I'm making myself cough to clear my throat. I've not got a fever. I've not measured but I don't feel hot.

I've been prescribed amoxicillin but what's scaring me is that I'm on 20mg of citalopram. I've taken these two medicines together before with no problems and the dr and nurse reassure me that there are no contractions and even the NICE guidelines doesn't list them as interfering which each other but I'm still scared. The thing I worry about most is cardiac arrithymmias because citalopram can prolong the qt interval. Due to ectopics that arrived before I was put on citalopram I've developed cardiophobia. Due to this I've had numerous tests, ecgs, 24 hour tapes, 7 day recording and echo and all fine. I'm just so scared that cause of the citalopram I'm not safe to take any other medications. I just want off it.

Sorry this is such a long post but lots of worries going on at the moment.

I'm scared I've got Covid-19 because my sinuses are agony. I'm so blocked up and it's hurting my forehead and eyes. My cough isn't persistent, it's just when I need to clear my throat when the congestion runs down the back of my nose. If I feel hot at any point, get headaches or feel a bit achey anywhere I panic. Could this really be allergies that have gotten me in a bit of a mess?

Also, is citalopram safe?

tnt808
10-04-20, 21:52
Eek. I am sorry you're struggling. What I have found is that anxiety sufferers know too much about side effects and interactions with all sorts of medications. It's what we do, right? Immediately look up the bad crap.
Your doctor prescribed this to you knowing your other medications, yes? I think your best bet is to trust your doctor and hopefully your symptoms will improve! Big hugs.

Honeyskye
11-04-20, 09:21
Posted yesterday so won't go on too much but I've been suffering with hayfever as I usually do, however, I am so congested. I am literally full of mucus. I've got post nasal drip and in the mornings I'm couging up a tonne of the stuff and it's thickish mid to light green snot. I'm coughing only to clear it as I can feel it in my throat and my throat sounds irritated and raspy from it.

Obviously with the current coronavirus I'm terrified I have it. I've read it is a persistent dry cough with no mucus but I've also read recently that some do produce green sputum. In fact, there was an article I've just read in a UK news paper that states that dark green sputum is a warning sign of the virus. Great.

I just don't know what to believe. My anxiety is sky high right now. I dont feel feverish just bunged up and headachy from it.

Can anyone help me? I've no one to talk to about my fears.

Kirbear
11-04-20, 12:20
You sound just like me, reckon mine is hayfever/other allergies. I don’t feel ill in the slightest. If you’ve got post nasal drip that will make you cough particularly in the mornings x

nomorepanic
11-04-20, 14:00
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Honeyskye
16-04-20, 12:20
I wrote recently to say I'd been suffering with congestion and a mucusy cough. The dr gave me amoxicillin for 5 days which I've taken but I feel no better. I am literally producing so much mucus and what comes out of my nose is the same as what I cough up and my throat and chest is ap rattley.

I spoke to the dr today as it's been 10 days with no improvement. The cough isn't involuntary - I force myself to cough to clear the plemgh. It's always worse in the morning. My sinuses feel full and I've got pain around my nose at the bridge and either side. The dr said could be sinusitis and it has caused some irritation to the airways like bronchitis too. I said I was scared it could be coronavirus and he said it could be as the symptoms are similar and present that way with some prople. He's prescribed a course of doxycycline.

I always so terrified to take anything new as I'm nervous of side effects but i've just taken my first dose. That was about 45 mins ago and I feel like I've started to feel a bit dizzy. Thing is, I don't know if it's my anxiety and because I'm tired but I'm so scared it's the tablets.

I feel like I can't function through this anxiety at the moment. I'm terrified I'd got coronavirus and it's making its way to my lungs. I've felt crap for so long now. I keep feeling like I've got a temperature because I feel feeling my head and chest and it feels warm. I did take it this morning with a traditional under the tongue thermometer as that's all I've got and it said 36.8. I feel sick. But it's my rattley chest that really frightens me. I'm scared I'm succumbing to the virus. I've not shortness of breath. It just feels harder to breathe as I'm so congested.

I've no one to talk to, just looking for some support really as I can't rationalise. Am I safe taking the doxycycline?

nomorepanic
16-04-20, 12:28
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.