PDA

View Full Version : hello

blarm44
14-10-07, 17:45
hello everyone just thouight i'd introduce myself to everyone.My name is andrew and i'm 40 years old.I have been on citalopram for over 5 years and just came off recently but i am going back on the meds because it has been very hard for me since coming off.I suffer from depression and anxiety.At the moment it is genralized anxiety and health anxiety.the last 2 weeks have been very bad for me as my father has been in hospital and that really sent me to a dark place.anyway now i've found this forum hopefully it will help.I have had counselling through my g.p. but i have to say it did n't work for me.I don't know whether to go back to my g.p. or what.

regards
andrew

Southern_Belle
14-10-07, 17:51
Hi Andrew,

Welcome to NMP. You are indeed going through a rough time right now, I hope your father will be alright. I too am on meds and find them very helpful. Maybe you need different counseling than just what your GP could provide, perhaps a psychologist, that helped me. Many here can relate to what you are going through and you will find a lot of support.

Hugs,

Laura

yorkylover
14-10-07, 18:11
Hi Andrew and :welcome: you will get lots of support here and friendly advise.I to am on citalopram,came of it had to go back on again.I have anxiety and depression,panic attacks.Your not alone,and you will meet lots of lovely people here.:hugs:

bottleblond
14-10-07, 18:46
Hi Andrew,

And a big warm welcome to NMP. If you feel that you are going down hill, then i would say go back and have a chat with your GP to discuss all options available to you.

Please don't just sit there and suffer!!

Love Lisa
xxxxxxx

manmoor
14-10-07, 18:49
Hi Andrew,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

groovygranny
14-10-07, 19:07
Hello Andrew:welcome:to you!

Yep, I'd say go back to your GP too, and keep trying until you find something that works for you.:hugs:

I'm sure you'll find plenty of help and support here - as well as making some new friends....I did!

Pleased to meet you!

:)

Lindalou64
14-10-07, 19:33
Hello Andrew And Welcome To The Site...linda

Nibbles
14-10-07, 19:49
Hi Andrew and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. Perhaps you could try counselling through a psychologist or something similar. If you have another chat with your GP, hopefully it will bring up another option you feel happy trying. I hope your dad is better soon.

Take care,

Mike :)

TracyL
15-10-07, 02:17
Hi Andrew,

Welcome to NMP, you will find lots of support and make some really good friends.

Welcome once again

Tracy

trac67
15-10-07, 04:18
Hi

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

blarm44
15-10-07, 10:40
thank you for the welcome and thanks for all the advice everyone.hope evreyone is o.k.

andrew

nomorepanic
15-10-07, 20:07
Hi Andrew

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.