PDA

View Full Version : Scared of Vulval Cancer; Can't See Doc

RetailMoth
19-04-20, 19:00
Hey, everyone.

I noticed a raised bump on my labia area - right on the clitoral hood - back in October. It felt like a hard pimple, and I thought it was that until I took a look and saw it was brown in color. I didn't remember it being there before, and resolved to keep an eye on it.

Now I'm trying not to freak out. It's still there, still raised and hard. It's very small, like your average pimple size. I can't describe this part too well, but in terms of the form it sorta seems like a skin tag? I think it was like that when I first found it, though.
There's another spot right next to it, but it's flat.

The one thing that's keeping me from panicking too much - especially since I can't visit a doctor until further notice, given the state of the world right now - is that there's no pain or itching or, well, any other symptoms I learned are associated with vulval melanoma. I can't feel the mole on its own, I didn't even realize it was there until I felt it with my hand. There has not been any itching or burning, and the only time the mole HURTS is if something like my fingernail catches the edge and pulls or scratches a bit.

I'll see a doctor for a professional opinion once I'm actually able, but can anyone offer some opinions or comforting words in the meantime?