PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety??

Dee62
20-04-20, 11:50
I've suffered from IBS on and off for many years, but for the last few weeks it's been awful. I appreciate that anxiety and stress make it worse, but it's got to the point where I can barely eat because I feel so nauseous all the time. The very thought of food makes my stomach churn. I've not taken meds for it for some years now, but wondering if an antispasmodic would help? I'm waiting for the dr to call me back. I feel awful, the more I think about it the worse it feels. Of course the current situation isn't helping any as I'm a naturally anxious person anyway and suffered many years of panic attacks. I'm also worried about my husband as he has to go to hospital for a cystoscopy on Wednesday.

Any kind words, advice, etc greatly appreciated.

violetdreams13
20-04-20, 14:26
Hi Dee! I'm so sorry you're going through this. I have IBS too, so I know how awful it can get!

An antispasmodic may well do you some good in the short term at least! Do you know when you'll hear back from your doctor?

Good luck for you husband on Wednesday! x

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Dee62
20-04-20, 14:34
Thaabk you so much for your reply.

My dr has called and is getting some Buscopan to me today. Hopefully it will help. It's the cramps and nausea when I think of food that are the worst.

I hope you're not feeling too bad.

Dee. X

violetdreams13
20-04-20, 15:37
Yay! I'm glad you're getting some buscopan. Hopefully it helps!
Yeah, the cramps are awful and the nausea too, especially when it just won't go away! I find that peppermint tea helps with it a bit if you've got any!

I'm okay, thank you. Got a migraine but my IBS is okay so that's something haha! x

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk