PDA

View Full Version : Hi there.

TheQuietOne
14-10-07, 19:30
Hi,

Not sure what to say here. I suffer from an Anxiety Disorder and Social Phobia.

I recently started a fulltime course at college but had to withdraw as I just couldn't cope with the exposure to so many people all at once. Thinking about it now, it probably wasn't the brightest thing to do but when I was sitting a home during the summer, I believed I could do it.

Anyway, I've carried on at college but on a blended learning basis, which means I only have to attend college all day on a Tuesday.

I manage that one day, but it's because in my head, I know I've a whole week to recover before the next day.

I have regular contact with an Occupational Therapist and have recently started Counselling.

I have been suffering from an Anxiety Disorder, since I was a child to be honest, it wasn't diagnosed till I was 20 though.

I'm 29 now, 30 next year, that's a pretty depressing thought. I'm a bloke by the way, I always thought it was supposed to be women that worry about age?

I'm from Inverness, and emm, I hope that first post isn't too miserable.

So here's a wee smile:D .

Cheers.

Lindalou64
14-10-07, 19:32
Hello Quiet One And Welcome To The Site...........linda

manmoor
14-10-07, 19:33
Hi Thequietone,

A big warm welcome to you and have a wee smile back :D xx

GemmaAnn
14-10-07, 19:42
Hey :) welcome to the site, hope you find it helpful! :yesyes:
Gem xxx :shades:

TheQuietOne
14-10-07, 19:50
Thank you for the welcome folks.

groovygranny
14-10-07, 19:58
Hello QuietOne:welcome:to you!

Please, don't be too downhearted - at least you're still managing to go to college, if only for a day - that's a positive move in my book!

You'll find plenty of help and support here, and new friends.

Pleased to meet you!

And that's a very sweet wee smile - have one back with a hug!

:):hugs:

Nibbles
14-10-07, 20:00
Hi Quietone and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. The beauty of NMP is it's a place where you can say honestly how you feel and people understand so please don't apologise. Like you I sometimes worry about life passing me by and, unless I have casual work, work 1 day a week as I feel I can cope with that.

Take care,

Mike :)

Anna77
14-10-07, 20:01
Hi Quiet One :)

I suffer from social phobia too - hope you find the site as helpful and supportive as i have :hugs:

Anna x

TheQuietOne
14-10-07, 20:06
Hello QuietOne:welcome:to you!

Please, don't be too downhearted - at least you're still managing to go to college, if only for a day - that's a positive move in my book!

You'll find plenty of help and support here, and new friends.

Pleased to meet you!

And that's a very sweet wee smile - have one back with a hug!

:):hugs:

Thanks groovygranny,

I keep being told that, I'm just finding it quite hard at the moment, as I had built up going to college fulltime as me kind of starting again, and ended up really struggling to cope.

Probably was a bit too much, too soon, I'm going to try something more gradual, if I could could get a part time job that was just a few hours a week to go with my day at college, I think I'd be ok with that.

Thats the plan for the moment, just feeling a bit fed up and frustrated as I'm on a waiting list for a local organisation that is going to help me with that, I'm not the most patient person.

TheQuietOne
14-10-07, 20:08
Hi Quietone and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. The beauty of NMP is it's a place where you can say honestly how you feel and people understand so please don't apologise. Like you I sometimes worry about life passing me by and, unless I have casual work, work 1 day a week as I feel I can cope with that.

Take care,

Mike :)

Hi Quiet One :)

I suffer from social phobia too - hope you find the site as helpful and supportive as i have :hugs:

Anna x

Thanks Mike and Anna.

groovygranny
14-10-07, 20:56
Good idea - small steps = big strides sometimes eh?

I'm giving consideration to something at the moment and have to break it down into 'me sized' chunks!

If you're feeling fed up and frustrated it's probably because your patience is being put to the test lol!:blush:

Bite-sized chunks of anything is easier to chew and digest than big mouthfulls.

Hang on in there

:)

trac67
15-10-07, 04:26
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

nomorepanic
15-10-07, 20:08
Hi quietone

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Southern_Belle
17-10-07, 23:41
Hi,

Welcome to the site. You will be happy to know that many here feel just like you and you will get support.

Hugs,

Laura

TheQuietOne
21-01-08, 16:48
Hi, just bumping this up to draw your attention to a post I have made in the medication bit of the forum -

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=26623

I'm just really wanting to hear from other members of here there experience of Fluoxetine.

I think I/m just a bit anxious about it as I've withdrawn from it today.

Cheers.

Wolfie
21-01-08, 17:31
Hey TheQuietOne!

Welcome to NMP!! :)

You'll find tons of support here :)

Wolfie xx