PDA

View Full Version : sinus cancer worries

lees6655
20-04-20, 13:46
Hi i have had these symptoms for 5 or 6 weeks now and dont seam to be getting any better . Sinus pain left side and in teeth blocked nose dizziness eyes feel soar headaches ringing in my ear feeling sick post nasal drip .I have spoken to the doctor 5 or 6 times and he keeps giving me different sprays and antibiotics and wont send me to ENT i was going to go the the A&E but talked myself out of it . I have had lots of other symptoms now but think they are anxiety they include insomnia night sweats feeling shaky most of the time dry mouth dry lips neck ache feeling like i can not concentrate on things brain fog . Also when i close my eyes i feel like sometimes i am dreaming or seeing things straight away be for i have gone to sleep . I keep thinking that if it is sinus cancer if it has grown that big it could be pushing into my brain causing these other symptoms. I don't know what to do anymore so fed up i have suffered with health anxiety for years but think this could be real this time .

MRS STRESS ED
20-04-20, 22:29
Horrible how anxiety can grab hold of your life and screw with your mind, it makes us constantly think the worst case scenario it has to be bad can't be something simple.

You need speak again to your gp tell them you are concerned so for your peace of mind ask them to refer you to the ENT, just to let you know l suffer dizziness headaches brain fog pressure alsorts and its all my lovely anxiety best wishes I'm sure you be fine

Fishmanpa
20-04-20, 23:10
Serious and genuine questions.... I see by your history you've been here a while but you've also had long periods with no activity and I mean years of no activity. The HA pattern is the same from what I've read as well as the subject matter being practically all cancer related, but what I'm getting at is.... You obviously did good during those times you were absent from the forum. What did you do? How did you do it? Was it meds?, therapy?, self help?, combo of one, some or all? Was there a trigger that brought your anxiety back each time you've come back to the forum? More importantly, what got you to the point that you felt you could move on?

Positive thoughts

lees6655
21-04-20, 00:05
Hi thanks for your comments MRS STRESS ED and Fishmanpa and i know i haven't been on here in a while don't know how i have been a way so long . I lost my mum late 2018 and thought it would have sent me in into a hole that i would never get out of but i was ok don't know how. Don't know what has triggered my anxiety think it might be something to do with the covid 19 virus and working to hard but to be honest not really been bothered about catching the covid 19 virus. I would have thought most people with health anxiety would be bothered. I have been looking back at my post and can see a pattern but still think i am ill crazy . I have suffered with health anxiety for over 20 years i am 43 now only found this site in 2009 i am going to have a good look at myself Fishmanpa thanks for your time and comments.

MRS STRESS ED
21-04-20, 17:18
Firstly so sorry to hear about your mum God bless xx

you have anxiety you don't get to decide when it switches on and off easy for people who don't suffer to say why it is awful debilitating thing, l agree all this will covid 19 is sending people into panic so if you have health anxiety x it by 1000,000 the good thing is you recognise it, speak to someone about your anxiety l always think talking is good best wishes remember your doing well xx

Fishmanpa
21-04-20, 17:34
you have anxiety you don't get to decide when it switches on and off easy for people who don't suffer to say why it is awful debilitating thing

In many cases, there is an "a ha" moment. Something clicks and helps with that switch. The OP obviously has done well for long periods of time. There was a catalyst in moving on as well as one for the anxiety being triggered. The point is to use the positives from the past to help now.

Positive thoughts

MRS STRESS ED
21-04-20, 17:45
In many cases, there is an "a ha" moment. Something clicks and helps with that switch. The OP obviously has done well for long periods of time. There was a catalyst in moving on as well as one for the anxiety being triggered. The point is to use the positives from the past to help now.

Positive thoughts

not being rude but l know how anxiety works l live with it and yes positive thinking helps but it doesn't always work like that if it did he wouldn't be here asking for help due to anxiety issues best wishes

Fishmanpa
21-04-20, 17:57
Regardless.... its not sinus cancer and ultimately, as the OP has done before, he'll find a way to move on. No amount of reassurance on a forum will do that for him or anyone.

Positive thoughts

MRS STRESS ED
21-04-20, 18:01
Regardless.... its not sinus cancer and ultimately, as the OP has done before, he'll find a way to move on. No amount of reassurance on a forum will do that for him or anyone.

Positive thoughts

l think deep down he knows himself its not sinus cancer but isn't this what the site is for trying to give advice and reassure people not fed the anxiety, if we can't do that then what's the point of being on here what is your thoughts on that.
best wishes

Fishmanpa
21-04-20, 18:08
l think deep down he knows himself its not sinus cancer but isn't this what the site is for trying to give advice and reassure people not fed the anxiety, if we can't do that then what's the point of being on here what is your thoughts on that
best wishes

By asking the questions I did, it didn't feed the anxiety. They were meant for the OP to self examine himself and how he's positively coped through the years. How is that negative advice?

Positive thoughts

MRS STRESS ED
21-04-20, 18:13
By asking the questions I did, it didn't feed the anxiety. They were meant for the OP to self examine himself and how he's positively coped through the years. How is that negative advice?

Positive thoughts

l never implied you where feeding him with any negativity, you have totally got the wrong idea l was genuinely asking you a question so why so defensive l have not been rude or looking for a row l feel you are being negative to me and l have never even spoke to you before

best wishes once again

MRS STRESS ED
21-04-20, 18:20
l am sorry if l have offended you in anyway

once again best wishes