PDA

View Full Version : Pain under lower right ribs sometimes after eating

kalny
22-04-20, 08:09
I've been soooooo good with my anxiety for the last month or so. Right up until like 4 days ago, that is!

I've been noticing in the evenings especially, after eating my dinner I'll get a weird ache under my lower right ribs. I notice it especially whilst sitting down. It's freaking me out because it's pretty consistent. I even noticed it in bed night before last when I was lying on my right side. It sort of 'emerged' and then went around to my back a bit whilst I was in bed. I got up and stood up straight, had some acid reflux and then it went away.

I stupidly googled this (of course) and found some terrifying things (of course) though, I'm trying to be grounded and trying to ignore the more serious conclusions. One of the reasons stated could be a stomach ulcer and the prospect of that worries me to no end. I suffered from an ulcer from Feb to mid March. This was mid stomach, just to the left of belly button! I felt very unwell with that, whereas at the moment I just have some acid and get this pain after eating. With my ulcer previously I found I had to eat to make the pain and sensations go away.

So I have no idea what's going on. I've wondered if it's my IBS? Not sure. I've try not to analyse the pain too much when it's happening so I don't panic. It's really worrying me. Just want it to go away so I can be happy again!

LiveLaughLove
22-04-20, 13:39
I had the same thing 2 years ago, after an U/S, it was discovered to be sludge in gall bladder. GP suggested, but totally my decision, I hd my gall bladder removed. Pain is gone, but every now and then a little twinge reminds me not to over eat,

PanickyGuy
22-04-20, 21:16
I've been soooooo good with my anxiety for the last month or so. Right up until like 4 days ago, that is!

I've been noticing in the evenings especially, after eating my dinner I'll get a weird ache under my lower right ribs. I notice it especially whilst sitting down. It's freaking me out because it's pretty consistent. I even noticed it in bed night before last when I was lying on my right side. It sort of 'emerged' and then went around to my back a bit whilst I was in bed. I got up and stood up straight, had some acid reflux and then it went away.

I stupidly googled this (of course) and found some terrifying things (of course) though, I'm trying to be grounded and trying to ignore the more serious conclusions. One of the reasons stated could be a stomach ulcer and the prospect of that worries me to no end. I suffered from an ulcer from Feb to mid March. This was mid stomach, just to the left of belly button! I felt very unwell with that, whereas at the moment I just have some acid and get this pain after eating. With my ulcer previously I found I had to eat to make the pain and sensations go away.

So I have no idea what's going on. I've wondered if it's my IBS? Not sure. I've try not to analyse the pain too much when it's happening so I don't panic. It's really worrying me. Just want it to go away so I can be happy again!

Have you tried an antacid like Tums after your meals for the acid reflux? If you have and the pain and reflux settles down, then it's probably just the acid reflux causing the pain. But if the pain doesn't go away after taking the antacid, then you may want to get your gallbladder checked out.