PDA

View Full Version : Occasional sharp stabbing pain on right side of head

Deepseathree
23-04-20, 22:11
I’ve had an occasional “stabbing” pain on the right side of my head a few inches above my ear. It’s not constant, it comes and goes. Today though has been pretty consistent in the sense of near 10 times an hour for numbers sake.

I worked out and it didn’t affect it. Nothing seems to increase, or decrease the pain and nothing brings it on. Rationally I want to say it’s TMJ or ice pick headaches. But I’m not posting here because I’m rational. It’s hard for me to escape the though of it being an aneurysm growing or stroke or something. Especially due to me having high blood pressure.

Seeing if anyone else has experience with this. Thanks for reading. Happy Thursday.

nomorepanic
23-04-20, 22:27
Could just be a head zap.

Deepseathree
23-04-20, 22:46
Could just be a head zap.

Aren’t those only related to medication? Only thing I’m on is something for blood pressure. Don’t really know much about head zaps though.

nomorepanic
23-04-20, 22:56
Not at all no - everyone gets them

AntsyVee
23-04-20, 23:14
It also sounds like an ice pick migraine. Very common to get if you suffer from allergies or sinus problems.

Deepseathree
23-04-20, 23:38
It also sounds like an ice pick migraine. Very common to get if you suffer from allergies or sinus problems.

Rationally that was one of my thoughts. I just donÂ’t have allergies though. Are ice pick migraines random, constant through the day, and in the same area?

AntsyVee
24-04-20, 03:14
Yup. Usually in the temples and feel like someone is stabbing you there.

I get them with changes in temperature...like if it's really warm out, and then I suddenly go in air conditioning.