PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a icky one, talk to me about thrush

gotsomehope
24-04-20, 08:58
Morning everyone, I just wondered if anyone has had a thrush that just won't sod off. I have had oral and down below thrush for four weeks now. After two lots of Nystatin, four goes at the one a day anti fungal tablets, I have finally been seen by the doctor for who has taken swabs from down below but not my mouth, which is the most annoying part of this. My anxiety is sky high, I know it's not going to kill me. I know there may be other factors such as high stress levels, there may be a factor of border line diabetes cause I am not in the best health. I also have the nexoplan implant which I have had nothing but trouble with since it was put in which was January.
I am trying to do relaxation, mediation and am going to speak to the.doctor about going on some form of meds to help me just have a break from all the heighten feelings and thoughts. I am eating a no sugar, flour, yeast, dairy or starch veg diet. Taking probiotics for my stomach and down below (yes special ones for there) which means I have dropped nine pounds in three weeks but still got a.long way to go before I am in the healthy BMI range.
After all to is I am basically walking around.with a mirror sticking my tongue out every five minutes. Which I know it's not normal but I just can't break the habit of checking myself and according to Dr Google I am just, well dead already. I need someone to follow around telling me off when I start doing it.

So please can I have any, any remedies that has helped you cope with ethier the mental health side or if you have a miracle cure for the constant itch I will forever be in your debt.

Thanks for reading

Careful1
24-04-20, 09:11
I wish I knew the answer. I have been battling oral thrush for well over a year now and the dr seems to have no idea why I keep getting it.

gotsomehope
24-04-20, 12:10
The doctor's just seen to want to keep treating mine with the same treatment which just not doing anything. I just hope my swabs show something. Have they done any swabs on you yet ?

Fishmanpa
24-04-20, 22:14
I had it several times during cancer treatment. Besides the prescription meds, a solution made of 16oz water, 1 healthy teaspoon of salt and one healthy teaspoon of backing soda mixed thoroughly and gargled/swished 6 times a day really helped the discomfort and healing.

Positive thoughts

Careful1
01-02-21, 15:28
I had it several times during cancer treatment. Besides the prescription meds, a solution made of 16oz water, 1 healthy teaspoon of salt and one healthy teaspoon of backing soda mixed thoroughly and gargled/swished 6 times a day really helped the discomfort and healing.

Positive thoughts

I forgot about this thread but I just wanted to share in the event someone finds themselves on this thread because they too are dealing with this.

I tried the advice above given by Fish and it really did help. It helped with the discomfort and I noticed the episodes are not lasting as long as they do with just taking the nystatin alone and so if you haven’t tried it give it a go and see if it helps.

I still have no idea why this keeps happening. My dr tested me for HIV and diabetes both were negative. They did a blood culture on me that looks for fungus and it came back normal. I still don’t have a why but the good news is that it isn’t happening as often as it was before so that’s a plus.