PDA

View Full Version : Breathing Symptoms

springblossom
24-04-20, 14:47
Hey everyone,

I'm struggling at the minute with a very long list of symptoms, all related to my breathing. I can't seem to still my breathing. It's a long list and I sometimes think, what if it's not my anxiety. Does anyone have any tips/tools or exercises to help me out of this? I'm trying distracting myself but to no avail:

I can't get a full breath
I start building to a yawn,then it fails
My breathing is out of rhythm
It feels like there is an obstruction in my chest
My ears are ringing, there is pressure in my ears, I have a loud tinnitus in my right ear
I am constantly belching
I feel as if my lungs are dead
I feel like my diaphragm is in spasm
Headrushes

Any help greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

SB

PanickyGuy
24-04-20, 20:54
Most of that sounds like anxiety/panic, but on the other hand a few things you mentioned sounds like a hiatus hernia like the diaphragm spasms and constant belching. I'm not a doctor and I'm not saying that's it, but have you been to the doctor to get your digestive system checked out?

MRS STRESS ED
24-04-20, 21:32
With everything going on in the world its not surprising your anxiety is high, just to hopefully reassure you abit l get alot of them symptoms to especially the breathing one its because we are that tense our bodies, try and start to relax get some mindful music on and zone out and if there is anyone you can talk to do it this really helps xx

best wishes

springblossom
27-04-20, 09:26
Most of that sounds like anxiety/panic, but on the other hand a few things you mentioned sounds like a hiatus hernia like the diaphragm spasms and constant belching. I'm not a doctor and I'm not saying that's it, but have you been to the doctor to get your digestive system checked out?
Thank you! Yes I'm convinced I have a hiatus hernia, but with the Coronavirus issue it's impossible to see a doctor at the moment. I hope to see my doctor when all of this settles down.

springblossom
27-04-20, 09:26
With everything going on in the world its not surprising your anxiety is high, just to hopefully reassure you abit l get alot of them symptoms to especially the breathing one its because we are that tense our bodies, try and start to relax get some mindful music on and zone out and if there is anyone you can talk to do it this really helps xx

best wishes

thank you! I hope that's all it is :)

PanickyGuy
28-04-20, 20:03
Thank you! Yes I'm convinced I have a hiatus hernia, but with the Coronavirus issue it's impossible to see a doctor at the moment. I hope to see my doctor when all of this settles down.

Yeah but even though constantly belching is one tell-tale symptom of hiatus hernia, you don't want to convince yourself of that until you get your whole digestive system checked out. Because believe it or not, anxiety/panic disorders can cause most of those physical symptoms you mentioned. Because it's related to psychosomatic.

MightyPC
04-05-20, 06:38
Funny enough Springblossom, these are very similar symptoms to what I’m currently experiencing. I am also very congested and have had chest discomfort. So much so with everything going on at the mom emend, I asked my GP to send me for a chest X Ray, which was clear. I’m getting thoughts of all manner of lung issues. I’ve had this for 6 or so.weeks but it has got worst except for yesterday afternoon I felt better, only for not being BBC able to sleep at all last night.

MightyPC
04-05-20, 06:43
Don’t know why my post cut short. Anyway, my mind was quite distracted yesterday afternoon so wondering if mine maybe a bit of anxiety though not sure if it’s the discomfort and symptoms causing the anxiety. I also have quite a bit of PND and feel that I have mucus sitting in my chest which worries me. Let us know how you get on.

Best