PDA

View Full Version : Oxygen saturation question

Jcedw123
24-04-20, 23:48
Hi all, hope your doing well. So I started smoking again about a month or more ago and I'm trying to stop but it's hard, I have a vape coming on the weekend so fingers crossed that helps. Anyway with all that's going on I want to get back in shape but as you all know it's hard with asthma and my anxiety but recently I was checking my oxygen saturation and it worries me a bit as it varies from between 93 and 97 percent. My question is would me smoking again be causing this and what other common reasons are there for a lower than normal oxygen saturation? When ever I have been doctors they have said it's all good so I'm a bit confused

Thank you all

pav1984
25-04-20, 09:29
I dont know the answer but if your doc says you are fine then I would take their word for it.

Smoking cant help matters though and I dont think anyone knows for sure the effects of vapes.

Good luck with getting back in shape. This alone will make you feel better. Try not to think you are mo Farah at first because you will put yourself off if you do too much too soon. Take it steady and build from there.

MightyPC
01-05-20, 09:50
Hi, my understanding is > 95 is normal. 94 is low. If levels get to belie 90 you usually require oxygen supplementation. You should test both at rest and whilst being active.

Fishmanpa
01-05-20, 11:39
Question is, why are you self checking your O2 levels? I understand you have asthma but like BP and some other things, unless your doctor is asking you to do so for medical reasons, you're just cooking dinner for the dragon.

Positive thoughts